Litter Robot III Popping Noise

Hello - when cycling, my litter robot makes a very loud popping noise and the globe pops up a bit as well.

This has been an issue since I opened the box. I have not used the robot with litter yet so it is not a cleanliness issue.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this? I disassembled the system and nothing was immediately obvious or wrong.

Hello @robotuser95,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number a video of the robot doing a cycle so we can have a better look at this issue.

If the video size was too large, you can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive then share the link with us, or send it through WeTransfer.

Sincerely,

997721 here are two videos from the front and back.

Hello @robotuser95,

Thank you for your reply.

This is an issue of the globe not being able to know where to stop exactly.

This could happen due to one of these reasons:

1- Wrong power adapter (please send us a picture of the specifications label on the power supply and let us know if it was plugged directly to the wall or not)

2- Missing or misplaced magnets inside the globe (Please remove the bonnet and take the globe out of the robot then use the attached pictures to know where the magnets are located, bring any metallic object near these areas to test if the magnets are in place and attracting metal or not)

3- Faulty wiring harness (if the first two points were okay then we will send you a replacement base and take back this faulty one)

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

I’ve checked the two magnets with keys and there was some magnetic attraction (but low level)

I’ve attached the power adapter sticker.

And yes it was plugged into the wall directly.

Hello @robotuser95,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the Hall-effect sensors need to be replaced.

You are covered by the 90 days exchange warranty so we will send you a new base instead of replacing the part inside it.

We will forward you now to our internal system to carry on with the process.

This topic will be closed now.

We will contact you shortly.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.