Litter Robot III loud continuous popping noise

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering with my litter robot III. I received a litter robot for Christmas and today was my first day getting around to opening it. I noticed right away, as my Litter Robot starts cycling back, it makes a continuous loud popping noise and the globe pops up a bit as well. after watching several video, I realize this is not normal for it to sound.

Any suggestions how to resolve my issue?

Hello @Amandajean513,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number and a video of the robot cycling so we can check the error.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Order #100535992
Here is a video of my litter robot running, I did read in a related forum it was suggested the that the plug needed to be directly plugged into the wall… even do that, still made noise… I also checked both magnets!

1 Like

Hello @Amandajean513,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that you have ordered your robot from the manufacturer directly (litter.robot)

You will need to get back to them regarding this issue.

But first, try to unplug the robot, remove globe and bonnet.

Check the black gear beneath the globe and see if it’s loose or free-spinning.

Then put back the bonnet only and turn the robot back on and see if this ticking sound will still be there or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Well I very much appreciate your help! I will contact them in the morning.
I did try what you suggested and there was still a ticking noise, just not as loud as before. So I’m assuming maybe I have a faulty base? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Anyways thank you for your help again!

It’s probably an issue related to the motor.

Since your robot is less than 90 days old, they will certainly exchange the base with a new one.

Let us know if you needed further assistance.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

1 Like

Hello. I just read your post and I’m having the same issue with mine. We’re you able to resolve the issue?

My warranty ran out 3 weeks ago, so the troubleshoot guy suggested that I order a new base for only $180. They cover all shipping fees. It’s a super great deal for customers with expired warranties.
I was just hoping to resolve the issue rather than the hassle of boxing it up and sending it back.

3 Likes

I was able to get litter robot to send me a replacement, but right before I received the new device… it had stopped making that popping noise. I don’t know if the device just needed to be ran a few times in order to correct the issue it was having.

1 Like

Hmmm…that is kinda what happened to me. It stopped making that popping noise for one day and then started doing it again. I called customer support and one of the reps helped me troubleshoot but we weren’t able to resolve the problem. After we hung up, I took my unit out on the porch and cleaned the pinch contact a little better to see if that would work and it seems to be working again but who knows how long that will last. If you have any problems with your replacement, look up info on cleaning the pinch contact. I think that’s what it’s called. It’s kinda tricky to find. Clean it with a q-tip and alcohol. Crossing my fingers that I fixed it this time!

Good luck with your replacement and thanks for responding! :blush:

1 Like

What is the pinch? Could you include a pic of it?

1 Like

Hi @Li54 !

This video will help you find and check anti-pinch pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rff61taDzII

Feel free to ask anything else.