Litter Robot III - Home positioning fault

Recently our Litter Robot III LR3C-1200-CE (SN LR3CI359573) shows a home position fault. The globe stops at the end of the cycle just before it returns to its home position. Suggestions I found on the web didn’t help. It is using the official adapter and it is directly plugged in the wall socket. Up till now I just turn off the robot, reposition the globe by hand and turn it on again. It will cycle and will work for a while as expected until it doesn’t. Rinse and repeat. I don’t think the motor sounds differently than before. If I look at the harness I wonder how this can wear off.

Hello @digimexx ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Have you disassembled the globe recently or had any issues with electricity at your home?

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following video:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

• Order # 1133758
  • Globe hasn’t been disassembled and no power issues

I’ll take pictures later during daytime.

Hello @digimexx ,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the order number, the robot is no longer under warranty.

You can verify if the magnets of the globe in place and still magnetic by putting any metallic object on the two areas below which are circled in red to see if the magnets will attract the object or not:
Globe Magnet 01
Globe Magnet 02

Awaiting your reply regarding this test and the pictures of the pins.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Magnets are where they are supposed to be and working properly.

These are the images you requested:

img1

While I was at it I cleaned the anti-pinch pins which were a bit dirty because of the vaseline. But since I was disassembling anyway I also checked the motor compartment and I noticed that the cogwheel could be moved along the axle so I tightened it. Maybe that’s the culprit.

Hello @digimexx ,

The loose gear could be the issue indeed so please test the robot and let us know if the issue returns.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I was very hopeful but an hour ago the robot showed the position fault again.

Hello @digimexx ,

In this case, we recommend replacing the hall-effect sensor and the 3 sets of pins.

Since your robot is no longer under warranty, you can order these parts from the following links:

The following videos will show you how to replace them:

LR3/LR3CI - Replacement 3 Set of pins:

LR3/LR3CI - Replacement hall effect sensor/wiring harness:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Can you explain to me how replacing these makes sense?

Hello @digimexx ,

The home/dump positions fault is related to a few things:

1- If you are using a generic power adapter causing the motor to fail during the cycle or cycle slower than the usual.
2- If the magnets of the globe are missing or out of their place.
3- If the hall-effect sensor is damaged or out of its bracket.

To verify the 3rd point, please provide us with a picture like the one attached below:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like