Litter-Robot II Repair Guide - Chapter 3: Power Jack | RobotShop Community

This guide will help you with the replacement of the Litter-Robot power jack. This is chapter 3 of the RobotShop Litter-Robot II repair guides.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/litter-robot-ii-repair-guide-chapter-3-power-jack

my robo kitty globe has no power getting power from cord when i plug into jack sometimes yellow light comes on an thats it sometimes it just starts to spin then stops please help

@frankie: Please open a support ticket here. Make sure to mention your order or invoice number and any relevant details.

My robot litter ii is not turning on. I have had it for 2 months so maybe the power jack is broken?

Hi, since you bought the unit 2 months ago, we suggest you contact the supplier to verify your warranty information.
If you have bought the unit from a third party, contact us via our support center so we may troubleshoot further.

Matt, I have six litter robots. I have found the power supplies are not very good and will exhibit a common failure. When kitty chews on the cable and makes a resistive connection. The meter will show 15V but the supply cannot provide enough current to drive the motor. This will make the lights sequentially flash. Teethy marks are sometimes hard to see on the cord. I have also had the supplies simply fail and show 15V but not be able to drive a load.

@Sam Interesting. You also have to consider one thing. If the motors are old, rusty and/or dirty, it will take more current to run. If the current need is higher, the power supply cannot supply more than it could and the motor either doesn’t start or turns slowly, creating an error.