Litter robot, flashing blue then yellow fast!

Hi,

So I am having this issue again!!!
My litter robot 3 had been flashing blue light and then yellow light (very fast) after pressing the reset button. I’ve read some troubleshooting to check for the metal pinch bars to be in contact all the time. I’ve tried to clean it and it appears to be in contact as well. The pin is not corroded as well.

Please advice on what to do next. the litter robot is relatively new, received on the end of January 2021 and had the sensor and the pinch bar replaced in June with warranty!

My litter robot details: SN: LR3CI207459
Model: LR3C-1200-CE
order number is 1500057082

Kind regards,
Nithin

Hello @AJnithin ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot again.

Have you tried to clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor with isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from the small pins on them?

Here’s a video to help you locate these boards:

If the cleaning didn’t help, the sensor will need to be replaced.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

Thanks for the reply. We tried cleaning the circuit and the metal pinch bars and still have the flashing yellow and blue lights. The issue remains the same unfortunately!

Kind regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. We tried cleaning the circuit and the metal pinch bars and still have the flashing yellow and blue lights. The issue remains the same unfortunately!

Kind regards,
Nithin

Hello @AJnithin ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the DFI sensor needs to be replaced.

Are you able to replace the sensor at home if we sent you a new one or do you prefer to send us the robot for repair under the warranty?

In both cases, we will need your shipping address and phone number.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

I think I can replace it on my own. Can you send the pinch bars as well just in case?
My shipping address is
6 Chaston Road,
Cambridge, UK,
CB225AP

Kind regards,
Nithin

Hello @AJnithin ,

We will need to see the Anti-Pinch pins to check if they need to be replaced or not.

We also haven’t received the phone number.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

How can I show you how the antipinch bar?
The phone number is 07938807697.

Nithin

Hello @AJnithin ,

You can take a picture of the pins as shown in the following picture:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Please see the attached image as asked, if you think it is a sensor issue please send me the sensor, otherwise both sensor and pins please.

Kind regards,
Nithin

Hello @AJnithin ,

The pins seem okay so it’s an issue with the DFI sensor only.

We will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.