Litter robot doesn’t work

I’ve had a litter robot 3 connect bought in July 22, and it’s never really worked that great, after the first few weeks it no longer connects to the whiskers app I’ve tried multiple times. More recently it the lights will go through all kinds of patterns from fast flashing amber and it’ll start to rotate, can half way around and stop dead, I then have to switch it off take it apart and put it back in the correct place and hand scoop out the mess it’s a nightmare so much so that I’ve unplugged it and placed it in my garage and I’m back on manual trays it’s been in my garage since Xmas I’ve lost the Will to live with it and whilst that sounds dramatic it’s been a daily battle for £600 I’m so disappointed and I don’t know what to do with it

Hello @Sphynx6 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

What happens when you try to connect the robot to the app?

As for the yellow blinking light, does it turn into blue blinking light if you press the “Reset” button?

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following video:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,
Thanks for coming back to me, currently the blue light is continuously flashing, I can’t get it to stop if do anything else, when it does attempt to work it over rotates and the orange light fast flashes.

I’ve tried a number of attempts and followed online videos to get it to connect with the app but nothing, I did work when I first got it but only for a few weeks.

I feel like I’ve wasted a lot of money!
Pics of the contact pins attached

Sorry the order number is 1214885

Hello @Sphynx6 ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the DFI sensor and the 3 sets of pins will need to be replaced so we will send you new ones under warranty.

The following videos will show you how to replace them:

Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation:

LR3/LR3CI - Replacement 3 Set of pins:

If you wish to proceed with this solution, please provide us with the following:

1- Shipping address.
2- Phone number.
3- Serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you, the shipping address is 2 Esthers Lane, Weaverham, CW8 3JR
Phone number is 07938490871
The serial number is LR3CI 549162

Hello @Sphynx6 ,

Thank you for your reply.

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,