Litter Robot Connect is always full

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

My litter robot purchased recent permantely says it is full. It appears to be missing one of the sensors that senses litter.

Litter Robot Connect is the model purchased november 2019 from robot shop.

This video shows the sensor missing

As I purchased this internationally from you I would like to discuss options on how this can be rectified easily and if a sensor can be sent and installed in another country?

Have tried cleaning sensors but it obviously is missing an entire sensor

ORder number

Hello @dfp,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a trouble with your Litter-Robot.

We understand how confusing this could be, but actually the connect version of the Litter-Robot uses a new model of the DFI sensor that only has one not two lenses as the older model. However, the constant blue LED blinking indicates an issue with the DFI sensor so we recommend you to go through this troubleshooting here:

1. Remove the drawer from the unit and press RESET.
  2. If the unit goes to solid blue, press the CYCLE button.
  3. The unit should start its cleaning cycle and goes back to solid blue.

If it did, the issue must be caused by the drawer liner not being properly tucked into the tabs.

Please check the following video:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgTYtknW_c&index=2&list=PLVGSgrf6kgDNPYaulQB7wDvu9AJcmBQ5k

If the blue light is still blinking, check your DFI for any obstructions:

1. Turn off the unit and Unplug the power from the base
  2. Remove the Bonnet and the Globe
  3. Inspect the top of the Base where the Globe usually rests. Are there any debris? Small amounts of litter is normal. Clean as needed.
  4. Inside the waste opening there are two clear ““Lenses”” (left and right side). Ensure there are no debris on the Lenses. Sometimes litter can fall/splash onto them. ** To clean the lenses, we recommend wiping them off with a soft damp cloth and/or glass cleaner. Do not directly spray the Base or DFI Lenses. **
  5. Replace the Globe and Bonnet. Reset the black key in the back of the unit into the pocket.
  6. Plug the unit back in. If you turned the power off, you will need to power it on and press ““cycle””.

Once the cleaning cycle is complete, the unit should be at the Home position with a Solid Blue LED on.

If the issue has not yet been fixed, then we would need you to recalibrate the DFI laser.

To do so:

• Remove drawer
  • Place hand just left of center and all the way up until it is hitting the globe
  • Press and hold reset button until it flashes 3x, then release.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-196x_6U08o&t=3s

Please let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like