Litter Robot 3 - Yellow light rapid flashing

Any suggestion what to do next?

Already done following:

• changed the anti-pinch pins
  • changed the DFI Sensors
  • changed the Hall Effect Harness
  • tightened the motor gear

And the yellow light rapidly flashing continues.

1 Like

It seems that next part for replacement would be circuit board.

Is robot not rotating at all?

Does anything happen when you press RESET button?

Thank you.

Hi,

I found out what this is about.
I started over. I replaced the anti-pinch pins, without affecting the flashing yellow light.

But when I picked up the replaced DFI Sensor to reinstall it, one of the thin wires fell off. It wasn’t ripped off, it just fell.

This made me to check also the replacement DFI Sensor and I realised that soldering of these thin wires are insufficient on both DFI Sensors. I checked continuity on them both with a multimeter.

On the one the wire fell off, the electrical continuing on the remaining wire was OK.

On the replacement DFI Sensor both of these wires are very loosely soldered, the copper wires are visible. The electrical continuity is still OK on one of the wirest, but on the second wire the continuity is lost.

1 Like

That’s good!

So everything is working now?

No, since I am not really familiar with soldering techniques.
Also, I’m actually disappointed, in my opinion this is sloppy production of parts for an expensive item. I would have expected something better than this.

I mean, of my three LR3s for just over two years, I have already had to replace the DFI Sensors on two of them. And now I suspect that these replaced DFI Sensors had the same problem with insufficient soldering. And in fact, the DFI sensor with wire wich fel off, I replaced in the beginning last summer. And the one I changed it to, non-functioning with copper wiring visible, was one I ordered for reserve a couple of months ago.

Can you please give us your order ID?

Thank you.

This LR3 I ordered from Robotshop EU in August 2018, the order number is #734082 and the order number for the newest DFI Sensors is #1010590.

1 Like

Hey @Leif!

If that last DFI sensor that you received is defective within 3 months, we can exchange it.

Those pictures that you attached, are from that sensor, latest one you received right?

Yes, those pictures of DFI Sensor with both wires attached, is the DFI Sensor I bought for reserve in last August.

I have not yet checked how the soldering of these wires looks on my third LR3’s DFI sensor. But because I come across two DFI Sensors with poorly soldered wires and the fact that problems with the DFI Sensors seems to be quite common, makes me think about the manufacturing process of these circuit boads. Are these “punched” or soldered by hand?

1 Like

By the way, would it be possible to get PCB datasheets for both the main and the DFI Sensor circuit boards?

This might make the search for the cause much easier or at least rule out the faults on these components and thus easier the ordering of spare parts.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we don’t have these schematics for DFI circuit boards.

We never managed to get these from manufacturer.

What about datasheet for the main circuit board?

1 Like

Also no :\ :\ :\

Can not be happening! I now have two LR3 units with rapidly flashing yellow lights.

I do so wish to believe in this product, but I’m losing hope piece by piece.

I got my first LR3 in early 2018. It worked perfectly for almost a year until I bought my second LR3. With the first one, the problems led to replacement of the base after less than a year of use.

I also bought a used LR3 in the summer of 2019. It has actually been the only one that has worked without a hitch. Only anti-pinch pins needed to be replaced a couple of times.

But these two, which I bought brand new, it’s starting to feel like a never ending story with constant problems. I have replaced almost all parts that can be replaced on them. But after a few months functioning, I am there again with a non-functioning expensive investment that involves new investments to make it work again.

I’m quite an obstinate person, tolerate quite a lot before I give up, but now I’m starting to wonder how much time, money and irritation this is worth in the long run.

Should I give up?

Hey @Leif!

Since you mentioned bad soldering on a DFI circuit boards. Have you maybe tried fixing these with re-soldering? Does it helps?

No, I would not dare to since Iam not so familiar with soldering techniques.

I also have rapid flashing yellow light intermittently.
It seems to go beyond where it should stop to cause this to happen.

Checked and replaced pinch sensors.
Checked magnets.

I find the various advice given confusing…

Sometimes DFI sensor discussed but what does draw full indicator sensor have to do with this problem?

I also read suggested hall effect sensor replacement - but in your official support this is only when all 3 lights flashing?

I have totally lost faith in this product. I would not repurchase. I would not recommend to anyone. I am now using litter trays again next to the robot because of the number of times I come down to stressed cats with no useable toilet.

There is also sometimes a loud clicking sound when rotating …

I am out of warranty but all this started to happen when I tried to upgrade to the WiFi circuit board, did everything properly, but the drum rotated , or tried to rotate, the wrong way when cycling. So had to be returned.

Please help me fix this once and for all!

1 Like

Hi @jkevens !

Since the globe is rotating too far, the issue is most probably with Hall-effect sensor.

If you are using original power supply, and magnets are OK, then yes, Hall-effect sensor (wiring harness) should be replaced.

3 blinking lights is usually what happens when this sensor is broken, but in rare cases it manifests like in your case, globe rotating too far.

Feel free to ask anything else.

1 Like

Ok thank you I will give that a try.

1 Like