Litter robot 3, yellow light flashing very quickly

Hi, my litter robot 3 is flashing yellow very quickly and it does not work. I tried cleaning the contacts for the punch detector. But it remains doing the same. I tried reset, switching it off completely ; it goes back to flashing yellow quickly. Can you please advise. Thanks
Reuben

1 Like

HI @reuben ,

Sorry to hear about the problem.

Did you already follow all troubleshooting steps from this video?

Hi @igor_X ,
Yes. I removed and cleaned the pins. And they seem to be touching. It works fine for some time than goes back to flashing.
Thanks
Reuben

1 Like

Hi @reuben ,

Thank you for your reply.

Is maybe globe stuck in dumping position?

Can you take a photo of the front of the robot when the error happens?

It just remains on yellow flashing quickly and does not turn. (I put the globe back in position myself so that cats can use it)
See video in link- VID20240202093153.mp4 - Google Drive

Thanks

1 Like

That is strange.

Can you send us a photo of the anti-pinch pins?

Are these in bad condition?

Thank you.

Hi @igor_X
I cleaned them with sandpaper too.they didnt look so bad.
I’ll have to dismantle the bottom again to take a photo.
Is the problem definitely from them or could it be something else?
Thanks
Reuben

1 Like

Hi @reuben ,

1- Make sure that the power supply adapter is original and contains the following information: Input: 100-240V~50/60 Hz 0.4A or 0.5A, Output: 15V 1.0A or 1000mA. If you have any doubts, please feel free to send us a photo of the specifications indicated on the power supply adapter. *Please note to never use a non-original power supply adapter with the Litter Robot, as this can cause electronic problems.

2-Make sure that the motor gear is securely fixed to the motor shaft. If you find that the black gear is loose when you press it with your finger and move it repeatedly back and forth, please follow the instructions below to tighten the fastening screw:

3-Make sure you have the appropriate amount of litter in your globe. Do not exceed the fill line indicator. If there is too much litter, the globe will not be able to find its rotation point because an excessive load will prevent the cycle from being performed correctly.

4-If you have previously disassembled the globe in order to clean it or replace the PVC liner, it’s possible that the globe’s magnets may have been moved, reversed or even fallen off, preventing proper positioning during globe rotation. Please check the attraction of the two magnets on the globe (see photo). The magnets should be attracted to a magnetic object (EX: a magnetized screwdriver, magnets, etc.).

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, please send us photos of the 3 sets of contact pins. 2 are located on the base and 1 is on the side of the bonnet. (See photo)