Litter robot 3 won’t power on

Litter robot 3 Won’t power on. Tested the power adapter and it works fine. The wire to the second board is also shower good voltage.

Troubleshooting video suggest replacing Circuit board and possibly DFU.

I looked up the Circuit board replacement, but it seems to be different. I read there were three versions and I posted up the one my unit has 4 connection vs 3?

Does the new board replace this board and one connection isn’t used anymore?

1 Like

Hi @Teddytran and welcome to our forum!

I am sorry to hear about the problem.

it seems that your robot has the first version, the old version of the main circuit board, where WiFi chip is located on a separate small PCB (one connected to the 4th connector which does not exists anymore).

This version is not produced anymore, but this one is a replacement since it has WiFi chip integrated on it already:

Also, it is possible that DFI sensor is defective here so I would recommend that you replace that part also:

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else.

Thank you, that is such a great answer and so helpful. I will pick up those two items.

1 Like

You are welcome. Let us know if the problem is solved when you install these parts.

I went ahead and install the part you recommended. Everything seems to work. The DFI boards were smaller the original ones in my unit but the housing still fit so I assume the V2 is just an upgrade.

I am now running into an issue of not being able connect the unit to the app. It gets stuck on the screen connect after I scan the QR code sticker in the back of my unit. The wifi hotspot litter robot shows up and I can connect to it with the password neverscoop. I’m wondering if since it a new circuit board and the QR being the original serial, does that affect anything? There wasn’t any new QR code that came the new board or anything.

1 Like

Hi @Teddytran! That is good news. New DFI sensors are smaller but you should have received new brackets (lenses) that you should use to install these parts.

Do you know if only changing DFI sensor did solve the power problem or you had to change also the main board?

In any case, I would recommend going through official Whisker troubleshooter:

If it does not solve the problem, then you should contact Whisker to help with connection. It is possible that your old account needs to be deleted so you can register again.

I’m not sure if changing the DFI sensor was the fix as I changed out both parts at the same time. I did notice the pinch contacts were rusted and broke when I pull them out but that would have gave me a yellow blinking light I believe and not no power to the unit.

I also found another product on the site that was a kit and came with a QR code. I’m wondering it that is my issue. The board you recommended is a connect one so it has the capabilities. I wonder if it just a matter of paying more for the code. The original main board and pcb board allowed me to connect to the unit.

Youre not with robotshop correct?

1 Like

Hi again @Teddytran ,

Yes, I am with RobotShop and I see you also contacted us via internal support.

Since you already have the QR-code I think you don’t need another one. But as mentioned, maybe you need some adjustments since it is an older unit.

I would recommend that you write to [email protected] and they should know better.

Ok great. I went ahead and reach out to them. Thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome. Let us know about the outcome.

Hi,

I’ve reached out to Litter robot support and they reset the serial and I went through the entire trouble shooting process and still cant connect the the unit. Could it be possible the main board WIFI is defective? I’m able to connect the board via WIFI but no luck getting pass the connecting screen on the app.

1 Like

It can happen but it is very unlikely that this happens to the brand new board.

Have you told them that you are still not able to connect? What is their opinion?

Thank you.

Hi @Teddytran ,

Maybe this is the reason for this issue:

If your Litter-Robot’s serial number begins with LR3CI, you will need the Litter-Robot 3 Connect Main Circuit Board. If your serial number begins with LR3 or LR3C (not LR3CI), you will need the Litter-Robot 3 Connect Upgrade Kit.

Mine does start with a LR3C. Would it be possible to exchange it? It originally had the ability to connect to the app before it stopped working and because it is in another location, I do need to be able to access it through the app.

1 Like

Yes, it should be possible to exchange it.

We will send a request to our RMA department.

They will inform you via email about next steps.

Thank you.