Litter robot 3 suddenly won’t power on

My litter robot 3 has been working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when it suddenly began getting stuck in the upside down position. I did some troubleshooting and it worked well for about a day before the blue light started flashing and wouldn’t let me reset, cycle, or do anything. Even turning on and off would result in the flashing blue light so it completely stopped cycling. I unplugged it and disassembled to see if I could see anything that would cause that and upon re plugging it in the blue light just came on and stayed on, no buttons functioned and I was unable to turn it on or off other than unplugging the unit. When i plugged the unit in the sensor light on the bonnet would blast blue momentarily and then would go out. Within 10 minutes of this new finding I plugged the unit in again to see if I could troubleshoot and absolutely no power came back to the unit at all. The circuit board does not heat up at all. I disassembled the baseboard and all wires appear to be in good condition and everything is still in the right place but I don’t know what is causing this issue and I want to have some direction to go in before I spend money on new parts so I can actually fix the problem.

Hello @Mahnah12345678 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I have the serial number
LR3175030
It’s out of warrantee

Hello @Mahnah12345678 ,

Thank you for your reply.

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

Thoroughly clean the DFI sensor lens and the surrounding area with a clean, dry cloth. Sensors may be obstructed by debris or dust, which can cause detection problems.

Ensure the waste drawer liner is correctly inserted to prevent detection issues and the litter bag isn’t overhanging to avoid sensor clogs. Please Refer to the following video:

How to Install a Waste Drawer Liner

1- Remove the old bag.

2- Wipe the DFI sensor’s circuit boards on each side.

3- Install the new bag.

4- Press the “Reset” button on the robot.

5- Reset the level on the app. (For wi-fi model)

Note: Steps 4 and 5 must be done in that order according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, please send us photos of the 3 sets of contact pins. 2 are located on the base and 1 is on the side of the bonnet. (See photo)

​​​ ​

Awaiting your response,

Best regards,

1 Like