Litter Robot 3 Stuck on Solid Yellow Light

Hi!

I need your help with my Litter Robot 3.

The yellow light on the unit is constantly on and my robot has stopped working.

I did have the App but the App has deleted all my settings and will not reconnect.

I have followed the advice for a hard reset, have taken it apart several times, cleaned sensors etc and it still doesn’t work. If I disconnect the unit from the power and turn back on the only light which comes on is the solid yellow cycling light.

The on, cycle and reset button on my base are totally unresponsive and it no longer lights up blue when it’s dark. The yellow light is solid.

It’s just under 2 years old. Thank you

Hello @Victoria9b ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

You need to clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor with isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Then clean the Anti-Pinch pins with WD-40 and sandpaper.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

If this didn’t fix the issue, we will need to do one more simple test.

Open the top part of the base and disconnect the DFI sensor’s connector from the circuit board then check if the solid yellow light would disappear and a blinking blue light would come on.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi,

I have the exact same issue with my LR3.

When I disconnect the DFI sensor’s connector from the circuit board then turn the power on, the blinking blue light comes on. What does this mean? Do I need a new motor or other part? (My LR is out of warranty.)

1 Like

HI @Culture_Doug ,

If you have solid yellow light that lights up forever (no 3 blinking lights after several minutes), you need to replace the DFI sensor.

You can order this part here:

This video will show you how to replace this part:

If your robot is older, we also recommend replacing all metal pins on your robot:

This video will show you how to replace all of these pins:

Feel free to ask anything else.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

You are welcome.

Let us know if it solves the problem.

Hi igor_X,

I replaced the DFI sensor and all of the pins, but I have still have the solid yellow light, alas.

1 Like

Is it yellow forever or it changes to 3 blinking lights?

Can you send us photo of connections from the main board?

It is yellow forever. After I have turned it on with the ‘on’ button, I see the solid yellow botton and the none of the buttons are responsive. To power down the LR3, I have to unplug the power cable.

The set screw of the gear is tight and does not move. Is it possible that I need a new motor?

1 Like

Can you connect the DFI sensor like this? Pay attention to the wiring colors:

My old DFI sensor was wired liked your photo, but on my replacement DFI sensor the colours are in a different order. Is this normal?

In Oct 2022, my LR3 was serviced here in the Netherlands:
Technician’s comment: DFI defective, 3 sets of pins damaged/rusty
Parts replaced: DFI hardware, anti-pinch pins, base contact pins, bonnet terminal pins

1 Like

If you disconnect the sensor, and power up the robot, do you see blue blinking light on the control panel?

Yes, I do see the blinking blue light.

1 Like

So yes, still the problem with the sensor.

Can it be connected like this or not?

As mentioned above, I cannot easily connect the replacement sensor in the way illustrated in your photo, because the wires are inserted in a different order.

My old sensor (itself a replacement part included in the LR’s 2022 professional service) is wired like your photo. On the new sensor, the colours are ordered (clockwise): red, blue, black, yellow.

1 Like

I was in contact with our technicians, and they suggest that also motor needs to be replaced:

Ordered. Thank you.

1 Like

You are welcome. Let us know if it is working.

I have installed the new motor but the persistent yellow light remains.

1 Like