Litter Robot 3 Stuck, Buttons Unresponsive

My litter robot has been with a steady yellow light and the painel won’t work, tried to leave it off for 24hours and when turning it on goes straight back to the yellow light and the painel won’t do anything! What I am supposed to do? I’ve had it for 18 months now and it’s the first time this happens.

Hello @Bellazarotti ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow the steps below:

Thoroughly clean the DFI sensor lens and the surrounding area with a clean, dry cloth. Sensors may be obstructed by debris or dust, which can cause detection problems.

Ensure the waste drawer liner is correctly inserted to prevent detection issues and the litter bag isn’t overhanging to avoid sensor clogs. Please Refer to the following video:

How to Install a Waste Drawer Liner

1- Remove the old bag.

2- Wipe the DFI sensor’s circuit boards on each side.

3- Install the new bag.

4- Press the “Reset” button on the robot.

5- Reset the level on the app. (For wi-fi model)

Note: Steps 4 and 5 must be done in that order according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, please send us photos of the 3 sets of contact pins. 2 are located on the base and 1 is on the side of the bonnet. (See photo)

​​​ ​

We will also need some additional information to open a file.

-Photo of the serial number located behind the base of the litter box.

-Order number. (PDF or photo of receipt for reseller clients)

-Confirmation of your postal address and telephone number.

You can send us these details in a private message for more security.

Awaiting your response,

Sincerely,

1 Like

Good morning,

Thank you for you quickly reply, I’ve cleaned it and still same steady light, I have the pictures for what you asked, but I can’t see the third one.

How do I send a private message for you? With all the details you need.

Hello @Bellazarotti ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the DFI sensor and the 3 sets of pins will need to be replaced.

You can send a private message by simply pressing on my name then choose “Message”

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,