Litter robot 3 stops mid cycle

I have had the litter robot air for 2 months and it was working fine but recently it has started to stop every few seconds during cycle. The yellow light flashes and cycle continues after 15 secs but then stops again and again even after the robot is returning to its home position. I have made sure the robot is not touching any walls and is on a flat surface, even emptied the waste tray. Nothing appears to fix it.
What else can I do?

Thank you
Melissa

Hi,

[size=2]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]Based on the description of the yellow light blinking while the cycle has been interrupted, please follow the troubleshooting below to determine whether the issue is due to excess weight, the bonnet connection, or the Anti-Pinch safety feature:[/font]

]The blinking yellow light will switch to blinking red after 2 minutes if the cat sensor (CATS) has been continuously activated by excess weight. Please remove excess weight and check your unit for the following:/:m]
]The litter is above the fill line or in excess of 10lbs. /:m]
]The cat sensor has not been reset after adding weight /:m]
]The waste drawer has too much weight /:m]
]The unit is sitting on an uneven surface - grout lines on tile floor or in a bathtub. /:m]
]The unit is pushed into a corner, against a wall, or furniture/:m]
]Objects are resting or pressing on the unit /:m]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

]Press the ‘Power’ button to turn the unit OFF./:m]
]Remove the bonnet and set it aside, then manually rotate the globe to the Home position./:m]
]Ensure the globe is on the track and lock the black key on the back of the globe into the pocket. /:m]
]Replace the bonnet, ensuring all 4 tabs are secured./:m]
]Press the ‘Power’ button to turn the unit back ON. /:m]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif][/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]**The globe will not rotate and the yellow light will blink if the issue is due to the bonnet connection. Please check that the key is fully inserted into the slot and that all 4 bonnet tabs are connected to the base of the unit. See the following link for assembly instructions: click here[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif] 6. The globe begins rotating counterclockwise with the solid yellow light on. After several seconds, press the ‘Reset’ button to pause the cycle.
[/font][font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif] 7. While the cycle is paused, press ‘Reset’ again to cancel the cycle and return to Home position.
[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]***The globe will stop and reverse direction for 2 seconds before stopping with the yellow light blinking fast if the Anti-Pinch safety feature has been activated.[/font]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]
If nothing helps, we suggest you contact us via our support center.[/font]
[/size][font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

1 Like

Has this issue ever been resolved. I have had this issue too for a while now. I have even replaced the DFI sensor from previous contact with Robot Shop due to cycle issues. No cats have touched the machine during the cycle, it is not over loaded with litter, it is not touching walls, I have preformed all steps listed above plus from reading other posts. It has been taken apart several times but do not see issues

Cycles a second than pauses, flashes yellow for a while than continues for a second than pauses, etc etc for the entire cycle. It does not do this every single time but it has become more and more often

Hi there,

This issue is caused by a bad connection between the base and the bonnet.
Verify the metal pins are not oxidized.

2 Likes