Litter Robot 3 stops mid cycle with blue light on

Hi, I have an interesting one here. This morning I found the litter robot with the dome upside down but the blue light on. I turned off the power, removed the lid and rotated the dome back to the home position.

When I turn the power on, the yellow light comes on a normal and a cycle begins. It completes a full anti clockwise rotation then starts the clockwise rotation to return to home. It rotates about 30 degrees, stops, goes back a few degrees, stops and then the blue light comes on.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can look at to resolve this?

Thank you.

Hello @grant_89 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Also, make sure that you are using the original power adapter and plugging it directly into the wall.

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following video:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

My most recent order number is 1375709. I replaced the pinch pins on Tuesday after I received the order. It has worked perfectly since then until this morning (Friday).

Hello @grant_89 ,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the pictures that you have shared, these pins are old and require replacing.

Are you certain that you have replaced these pins or you are referring to the Anti-Pinch pins only?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

So far I have only replaced the anti pinch pins. I will replace these and get back to you if the issue persists.
Thank you for your time.

I have not replaced the bonnet contact pins, but given them a good clean with WD40 and fine sand paer. That has resolved the original issue. I now have a red, yellow, blue flashing light sequence. Cannot find the home position. I have checked that the magnets are in place in the dome. So I’m assuming it is the sensors in the base that are faulty. I cannot find the part listed. Is it part of the wiring harness?

I have now replaced the two pins pictured. So now have new bonnet connector pins and new pinch pins. Back to the issue of cannot find home position. I have ordered a replacement wiring harness.

Hello @grant_89 ,

Thank you for your reply.

This should fix the issue, let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,