Litter robot 3 - solid yellow cycling light

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: The little robot has a solid yellow cycling light and cannot be interacted with (cannot empty, reset, power off, etc).

Hardware concerned: Litter Robot 3

Troubleshooting steps already taken: Unplugged the device, removed the bonnet and globe, brushed any debris from the pinch sensor, removed the catch tray, ensured the globe is balanced, replaced the globe & bonnet, plugged it back in, lights all flash briefly but then remains at solid yellow.

Additional information: We recently had to replace the DFI sensor and the device was working great. Prior to this, the device failed mid-cycle (a clump fell while the globe was turned upside down) and the device may have suspected a pinch, the device was turned off, pinch arm was brushed, and the globe, bonnet, etc was replaced back in the home position.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @ajpanagu,

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

We also need you to check the motor wires and make sure that they are connected correctly (Red to green and white to brown) also make sure that all the connections and not loose.

After turning it back on, check if the same problem is still there, if yes, please disconnect the DFI sensor from the circuit board then turn the robot back on and see if there’s any difference in the lights.

This video will help you check the motor wires:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi @Ebram ,

My order number is #938316.

I just checked the motor connections, and they are fine, but the problem persists. I then disconnected the DFI sensor from the circuit board, and instead of solid yellow I got blinking blue. Reconnecting the DFI sensor turns the circuit board back to solid yellow. Please advise next steps.

Thank you for your help!

Hello @ajpanagu,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the DFI sensor has gone faulty again and it’s affecting the functionality of the robot.

Since you are still covered by the warranty, we can certainly send you a new DFI sensor.

This video will show you how to replace it, in case you don’t have it anymore:

We will forward you now to our internal support system to carry on with the process.

You will receive an email from us shortly.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.