Litter Robot 3 quickly flashing yellow light

Hi.

I’m new to the forum. I have been using the litter robot for 7 months now, however, yesterday it stopped working. When I connect it to power blue light is flashing and after pressing reset button yellow light starts flashing rapidly 4x a second. The Robot will not move at all. I have already looked through all the support items on this issue and have cleaned the pinch sensor metal plates and they look good and are touching correctly. According to another answer on the forum it is a defective DFI sensor which needs to be replaced. I assume I’m still under warranty (order number 1029817) but where can I file the warranty claim? All service links go back to the forum. I’m from the Netherlands.

Hello @StephanvanB,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This does indicate a defective DFI sensor and it needs to be replaced.

You are still covered by the warranty so we can certainly send you a new sensor or if you are unable to replace it by yourself, you can send us the robot for repair under the warranty.

This video will show you how to replace the sensor, please check it and let us know your decision:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

I’m currently also in contact with the support department via email to receive the new items under warranty. This should resolve the issue. If not I will let you know.

2 Likes

Hello @StephanvanB,

Thank you for your reply.

Very well, let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi @Ebram !
I have the same problem wit my Litter Robot Open Air.
If you want I can send you a video. Please where can I get a new DFI sensor?
Sincerely Claudia

Hello @clarmo911,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Have you tried to clean the DFI sensor’s circuit boards with alcohol?

You also need to check and clean the Anti-Pinch pins with WD-40 and sandpaper.

We will need to see a picture of the pins after cleaning them to check their condition.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello Ebram,
sorry for my late reply, but I had no time to did what you told me. Yesterday I could repair the Litter Robot! I did exactly what you told and now the Litter Robot is like a new one! The blue nitelite is als working again, it had been broken for more than a year. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! ;-* >^…^< >^…^< >^…^<

Hello @clarmo911 ,

Thank you for your reply.

That’s great to hear, glad we could help.

Try to clean these parts regularly to avoid any further issues with them.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

1 Like