Litter Robot 3: Problem with slowly flashing yellow/orange light after DFI replacement & connect upgrade

Hi!

I’ve installed a new DFI sensor and circuit-board for the Litter Robot 3 to upgrade to Litter Robot 3 Connect as the DFI sensor on our LR3 had gone faulty and was no longer reporting an accurate level in the waste drawer.

On re-assembling the unit, the orange light is flashing slowly, about once per second. I’ve checked that this is not caused by the anti-pinch pins (when I removed the connections there the yellow light flashed twice per second). The motor won’t turn, and the entire unit just sits there doing nothing and flashing this yellow light.

I’ve checked that the hood is correctly installed and the globe is in place. I’ve unplugged and replugged the cables for the hood sensor from the base and it doesn’t seem to make a difference - the same thing seems to happen whether the sensor cable terminals are plugged in or not which makes me suspect something’s wrong. I’ve also re-plugged in the terminals under the cover in the hood in case they somehow had become loose.

Can you please help to narrow down what the problem is?

Thanks!

Hello @redopalfruit,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This issue is coming from the bonnet.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet, you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

Please tell us how this goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram, thanks for your confirmation that the bonnet was the issue.

I unplugged the connector from the sensor on top and then manually held the two pins in place and the bonnet was detected. Next time I put the bonnet back on the pins connected okay and the robot started a clean cycle as normal. I guess that connector on top somehow worked it’s way loose.

Everything’s working fine now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @redopalfruit,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that everything is working perfectly again.

Let us know if you needed further assistance.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

1 Like