Litter Robot 3 makes lout popping noise when cycling

Dear robot gurus,

My Litter Robot 3 has started to make loud popping noises when cycling. When it first starts cycling one way it makes a soft click, when it cycles back to the normal position it makes several loud popping noises. I have read several similar posts on the forum (Robotuser95, July’20, ambertsai, Dec’21, ctreganza, Oct’20). All these video’s show the exact same popping noise that my robot is making.

Up to this point I have checked the power supply, removed and replaced the bonnet and globe and checked the magnets. Before I start dissasembling any other parts I would like to ask for advice.

My order number is 1207827 (June 14th 2022), serial numer is LR3CI523424, model LR3C-1000-CE.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Dan

Hello @Dan_12345,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Do you receive any error notifications on the app?

What’s the status of the lights on the robot after the cycle ends?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thanks for replying. There are no error notifications in the app, but I did just notice the lights blinking at the end of the cycle. I made a video and uploaded it to Google Drive:

The pops occur at: 0:30 seconds, 1:20, 1:29 and 1:36. The lights shortly blink blue and then red at the end of the cycle.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

Hello @Dan_12345,

Thank you for your reply.

We have noticed that you were in contact with us through our internal support so we will resume there.

Sincerely,

1 Like

PROBLEM SOLVED

For other Litter Robot 3 owners who are having similar popping noise problems, Ebram from RobotShop helped me resolve this issue fairly quickly. We determined the sound was coming from the black key at the back of the globe. I noticed that it popped and creaked when I tried to turn it around in circles after having the globe removed from the base. On Ebram’s advice I loosened the center screw that keeps the black key fastened to the globe. When I did that I noticed there was an uneven gap between the key and the globe. I then pushed the black key back snugly against the globe and refastened the screw. This solved the issue.

Hopefully this information helps other people resolve similar problems they may be having with their Litter Robot 3.

Best of luck to all you non-scooping folks. =)

2 Likes

Thank you Dan :pray::pray: for the help with loosening the centre screw to stop the black key making a popping noise. It had been driving me crazy!

I also took someone else’s advice to put baking power (I put baby powder) in the bottom of the globe after cleaning it and before putting fresh litter in. Hey presto! No more wet litter sticking to the rubber lining!

Now I just have to find out why my centre weight is not falling down property - and yes, it is properly attached under the liner. It either drops too late, or doesn’t drop at all - meaning lots more soiled litter in the unit, attracting more clumping litter, until there are practically volcanic rocks in there. I even thought it might be that water had got in there after cleaning, so I wiped the area in between the unit and the rubber around the weight to dry it off. No difference - the (properly positioned and attached) weight is still not falling down when it should (although it worked fine in the past).

Any ideas others have tried to make this weight drop down when it’s supposed to?

Thanks so much!

Hello @SebandMishi ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

It’s possible that the material of the liner around the weight disc area has hardened and no longer flexible enough for the weight disc to fall on time so the liner would need to be replaced.

Please provide us with your order number to check the warranty status for this robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like