Litter Robot 3 keeps getting stuck

Hi,
My litter robot periodically gets jammed during cycling. It used to be once in a blue moon but now it is getting up to a couple of times per week. I have cleaned it several times but it does not seem to help. I have also cycled the power to reboot it but to no avail. The only thing that seems to be working is to let it sit there for 5-10 minutes and then restart it. Could the motor be worn out? Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: The box is still under warranty (bought in Aug-2019)

Hello @mechatanguay,

Thank you for contacting RobotShop support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

What happens to the lights on the robot when it gets stuck?

Does the yellow light blink? how fast?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi,

The middle yellow light blinks fast. It sometimes gets stuck at the very start of the cycle (that is it attempts to move but fails and fast blink yellow). Other times it gets stuck during cycling when it is is about to go backward (see attached picture).

My serial number is: LR3133558
I had purchased via RobotShop and my order number was #891897.

Thanks for your help

Hello @mechatanguay,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you using the original adapter and plugging it directly into the wall?

Please check the magnets inside the globe, to do so:

Put any metallic object on these two areas circled in red and check if the magnets will attract the object or not:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Yes. There are two magnets. Not very strong but they both do attract metal.

And yes, I do use the original adapter which is plugged directly in the wall.

Hello @mechatanguay,

In this case, the hall-effect sensor needs to be replaced.

This blog will show you how to replace it, please check it and let us know if you are able to do it by yourself or not:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi.
Quick update: now the litter-robot is completely stuck with the rapid flashing yellow light.
As for the sensor, I am no longer comfortable about changing it. This is the second time we have a major problem with the machine and I am seriously concern that a third failure is not far behind it. Can I get a new base if I send you the old one?

Hello @mechatanguay,

Unfortunately, changing the base is only valid during the 90days exchange/refund period.

However, you are still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty so we can certainly help you fix the robot.

If you are not feeling comfortable changing this sensor, you can send us the robot and we will inspect and repair it, then test it and send it back to you.

The repair and return fees are covered by the warranty.

You will need to send us the base, the bonnet, and the power supply of the robot. No need to ship the drawer and the globe.

You can place the globe over the waste drawer and use them as a stationary litter box until the rest of the robot gets back to you.

We suggest a box dimension of 24 “wide x 18” deep x 24 "high. The Bonnet should be put in the box upside down on top of the litter base.

Let us know if you prefer this option.

Sincerely,

Hi,

I’ve discussed it with my wife and we’ll go with replacing the sensor at home. We will appreciate that you can ship us the spare part. Our address is the same as before:

8 orchard park blvd
Toronto, Ontario M4L 3E2

Thanks

Michel

PS: Could you tell me when the warranty expires. Thanks.

Hello @mechatanguay,

Very well, we will forward you to our internal support to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly with further details about the shipping.

The warranty is valid till the beginning of next Feb.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.