Litter Robot 3, first flashing yellow light and now solid yellow light

Hello my native language is German, I use a translator to write this post, I hope everything is understandable.

I bought a Litter Robot 3 3 years ago, which should now be out of warranty.

It started with the robot only turning about halfway through the cleaning process and then stopping with a flashing yellow light, which was probably due to the “pinch detect” error, according to my research.

I checked at the time to see if the two metal pins were touching and they were. Since then I have cleaned the Litter Robot by turning it manually and disconnecting it from time to time.

A few weeks ago, after I plugged it back in, it suddenly went through a complete cleaning process again, spun up completely and the blue light came back on constantly like it’s supposed to and it ran normally again for about 2 weeks.

Then it started all over again, the same procedure and now the yellow light is constantly yellow and the robot no longer reacts to anything.

The day before yesterday I completely disassembled the robot as far as I could and cleaned it completely, including the sensors and contacts, but unfortunately all to no avail.

Again, I did some research and I’m afraid the motor might be broken and needs to be replaced. Or does anyone have another solution?

Many thanks in advance

Hello @Marco303 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps in the attached video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQeoBYxzwC4&t=1s

If none of the steps in the video resolves the issue, please send us photos of the 3 sets of contact pins. Two are located on the base, and one is on the side of the cover. (Refer to the photo)

​​​ ​

Awaiting your response,

Best regards,

1 Like