Litter Robot 3 - Fast yellow flashing light issue

Hi!

On my LR 3, the blue light is flashing slow, also after restarting the robot. When I press “Reset”, the yellow light starts flashing fast (I guess 3-4 times per second).

It looks like I have a similar error indication as in Litter Robot Open Air trouble shooting yellow light flashing. I tried all troubleshooting steps there. It does not seem to be:

• the bonnet connector (cleaned and adjusted a little bit with a screwdriver)
  • the pinch sensor (cleaned and adjusted, also tried to bypass with a direct cable so there is always a physical connection between the sockets)
  • checked the DFI sensor boards, they look good and to my understanding they would not cause a fast yellow flashing light (only slow blue)

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot? Are there more options to debug and identify which sensor might be broken?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @durroon ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

You can clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor with isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust from the small pins.

Sometimes, these pins get rusty and connect to each other causing the robot to malfunction.

Here’s a video to help you get these boards out to clean them:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi @Ebram ,

thanks for your quick response. My order number is #1044621 (29th November 2020).

I will try cleaning the DFI boards when I am back from work. Will report back then!

Best
durroon

Hello @durroon ,

Thank you for your reply.

Very well, awaiting your feedback after the cleaning.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

@Ebram today I had the time to clean the DFI boards with 99%-isopropyl. And indeed the LR is now back working fine! :slight_smile: thank you very much for your support!

Best
durroon

Hello @durroon,

That’s great to hear, glad we could help.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Hi @Ebram . Unfortunately, the fix did not last long. The LR stopped working with the Same error. I tried cleaning the Boards and the pinch again, but no luck. Do I need a replacement for the boards?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello @durroon ,

In this case, the DFI sensor needs to be replaced.

Are you able to replace it at home if we sent you a new one or do you prefer to send us the robot for repair under the warranty?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi!

After being able to fix this issue by cleaning the dfi Board, the Problem reoccured. See my previous thread: Litter Robot 3 - Fast yellow flashing light issue

Can you send replacement Boards?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @Ebram . I will be able to replace the boards on my own. Thanks again for your support!

Hello @durroon ,

In this case, we can certainly send you a new DFI sensor under the warranty.

Please provide us with your shipping address, phone number, and the serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi @Ebram I have send you a private message with the detals.

Hello @durroon ,

We have received the address and serial number but we haven’t received the phone number yet.

Please send it to us so we can proceed with the replacement.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Sorry, i was Not aware. My Phone ist +49 160 7689616

Best
Matthes

Hello @durroon ,

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.