Litter Robot 3 fast flashing yellow light

I have a litter robot 3 bought last year. It is now getting stuck in a cycle and is unusable. Symptoms are:

1. A rotation cycle starts and dumps waste
  2. Then just before reversing direction the robot stops, the yellow light starts flashing and the globe moves a small amount further in the orginal rotation direction and stops
  3. A power off and restart can get the globe to rotate further (doing a full rotation in the original direction)
  4. But then it gets to the start point and the blue light starts flashing
  5. Powering off and then on again starts the robot doing a rotation and the whole cycle repeats

I’ve tried cleaning the whole litter robot and the anti-pinch contacts but that hasn’t fixed it

Prior to this I have been having increasing amounts of false draw full blue flashing lights but I have been repeatedly cleaning the DFI sensors to get it working again.

Andrew

Hi @andrewf2468,

You can try the following:

Thanks,
I previously did find that troubleshooting guide and narrowed it down to the anti-pinch related symptoms so I did try cleaning the anti-pinch contacts but it hasn’t fixed the problem. The complication with the flashing blue (DFI sensor) lights is also confusing.

Andrew

@andrewf2468

Has this Litter-Robot been purchased with RobotShop or directly with Litter-Robot?

Purchased from Robotshop last year

Also, today I tried connecting the anti-pinch spade connectors directly to each other to test if it fixed the problem but it didn’t work and it’s still doing the same thing (rotating a short amount past the point it normally changes direction and flashing the yellow lights around 2/sec)

Andrew

In this case, we will open a private ticket with you to proceed with the repair / exchange.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.