Litter robot 3, dump position fault, bonnet removed

Hi!

I got a litter robot 3 connect a couple of months ago. It started out working correctly and as expected, but quickly started giving me dump position fault errors all the time. I’ve tried lowering the amount of litter inside, which seemed to help at first, but now that doesn’t help anymore and every cycle ends with a dump position fault, requiring me to press the reset button if I want it to cycle again.
Furthermore, I’ve started to also get sporadic “Bonnet removed” errors but the bonnet is perfectly seated in its place the whole time.

I’ve already tried all the troubleshooting steps I’ve seen around this forum for it, such as factory resetting and putting in little litter, but nothing helps. The magnets are present and have never been removed, so it’s also not an issue of magnets missing or seated the wrong way around.

I really want to like the litter robot but it simply does not work as expected right now, constant errors. Maybe my board is faulty?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello @tadzioizdat ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

1- Have you opened the top part of the base where the motor is located?
2- Are you using the original power adapter and plugging it directly into the wall?

Lastly, we will need to see pictures like the ones we are attaching below:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi, thanks for your reply. As for your questions:

1. I have not opened anything which would require a screw to be removed. Other than that I have disassembled the robot for cleaning, of course.
  2. Yes, I am using the power adapter that came with the robot and plugging it directly into the wall. I’ve also tried different outlets, and measured them with a multimeter to ensure correct power supply.

My order number is #1236934.

I will provide the photos when I’m back home from work, although I have not seen any corrosion on those pins if that’s what you want to check

Hello @tadzioizdat ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the base will be exchanged for a new one.

Please provide us with the following:

1- Shipping address.
2- Phone number.
3- Serial number located on the back of the base.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi @Ebram

I’ve sent you a PM with the information you requested

Hello @tadzioizdat ,

Thank you for your reply.

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further instructions.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,