Litter robot 3 doing odd things

So my robot started acting weird a few days ago. The blue ready light would blink indicating the draw was full. It was not and the bag was not obstructing the DFI sensors. I then started getting blue, yellow red. Lights flashing so with a quick google went through troubleshooting for that and it seemed to fix the issue. (I also took my robot apart and change the anti pinch clips because they were filthy and corrodid). Now when i turn on my litter robot it will cycle normally and as it gets to mid cycle where it stops at the dump position, it stops normally where it should and then after a second or 2 continues past a little stops and i get the anti pinch yellow flashing light. I dont know if this is a hall sensor/wiring harness issue or a motherboard issue. Ive meticulously looked over all the wires and none seem to be damaged. I did notice while taking aparent the robot thst the motherboard seemed to be a little warm which i found odd. I just dont want to spend money on parts i dont need. The robot is approximately 3 years old now. Ive already replaced a faulty DFI sensor as well about a year ago so ive honestly had nothing but issues with this thing.

Hello @Fembotx ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with pictures like the ones attached below to investigate the issues you have mentioned:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

sorry for the late reply, so now the litter robot when I turn it on flashes the blue ready light with and empty drawer and when i reset it flashes yellow quickly and wont even cycle at all anymore. Any help is very much appreciated!

Hello @Fembotx ,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the pictures, the DFI sensor and the 3 sets of pins will need to be replaced.

Please provide us with your order number to check your warranty.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

My robot is not under warranty its pointless for me to give you that information. I already ordered and replaced the DFI sensor and its working perfectly. You guys should really put out a recall for the older robots that came with the 2 previous models of DFI sensors. I know im not pleased having to spend money on a part that was designed poorly and im sure everyone else who has the older sensors are feeling the same way. Hopefully the newer sensor actually lasts and i wont have any future issues with it.

Hello @Fembotx ,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that the robot is working perfectly now.

To avoid further issues with the DFI sensor, please make sure to clean it regularly every time you change the waste bag.

As for the pins, you can clean them with WD-40 or cover them with petroleum jelly to avoid corrosion.

Unfortunately, we cannot authorize that since we are an authorized distributor and not the manufacturer of this robot but we can forward your suggestion to them.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like