Litter robot 3 doesn't work anymore (anti Pitch problems)

Hi!

I have the following problem with my litter robot 3.
After I switch on the device, the blue lamp flashes slowly.The waste basket is empty and there is no bag inside. After pressing a button, the slowly flashing blue light goes out and the yellow, fast flashing light lights up. Now when I press a button, the fast flashing yellow light goes out and the slow flashing blue light comes on again. This is always repeated. The infrared sensors seems to be ok.

I cleaned the anti pitch sensors again (sandpaper and WD40) but the problem persists.

The Connect App shows that the device is offline (although it flashes blue)

Kind regards Ruben

1 Like

Hello @Rubi2405 ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice if the robot is still under warranty.

Please try to clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor with isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from the small pins.

Here’s a video to help you locate the boards:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello Ebram,

thank you for your proposed solution. The video was very good and helped. After cleaning everything works again :slight_smile: see you next time :wink:

Best regards
Rubi2405

Hello @Rubi2405 ,

Thank you for your reply.

That’s great, glad we could help.

Keep an eye on the robot and try to clean these parts regularly to avoid any further issues with them.

Sincerely,

Hallo Ebram,

unfortunately there are again problems with the lr3. After the app indicated for the last 3 days that the drip tray was full, I cleaned the sensors again with isopropanol and cleaned the plexiglass. Unfortunately, the error persists that although the bowl (even without a bag) is always displayed to me almost full.

a problem has been added today. suddenly all the lights on the front panel went out (the app told me drawer full). then I turned on the lr3 again and it got stuck on the constant yellow light. normally the drum would now turn once and return to its original position, but nothing happens. the cables all look ok after i open the lr3. then I put it back together and plugged it back in. the yellow lamp comes on again (permanently) but the drum does not turn. can you help me?

best regards Rubi

Hello @Rubi2405 ,

In this case, the DFI sensor has gone defective and needs to be replaced.

Please provide us with your order number to check your warranty.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hello Ebram,

thank you for your answer. The order number is: 1900020407

Best regards

Rubi

Hello @Rubi2405 ,

Your robot is under the warranty so we can certainly send you a new DFI sensor or send the robot for repair.

Both options would take around 3 to 4 weeks because the sensor is out of stock at the moment.

Which option do you prefer?

We will also need the following details:

• Shipping address.
  • Phone number.
  • Serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello Ebram,

we would like to send the unit in for repair.

the serial number is:
LR3CI207425

the address:
Ruben & Eva Maria Sewald
Berliner Straße 44
33330 Gütersloh
Germany

Telephonenumber:
0049 1777570619

Best regards and thanks very much

Rubi

Hello @Rubi2405 ,

Very well, we will forward you now to our repair department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further instructions.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.