Litter Robot 3 - DFI sensor again and now additional power button issue

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
2 issues:-

1. DFI issue again

My litter robot has already had the DFI sensor unit replaced under warranty some time ago and the same problem is now occuring again. The blue light flashed repeatedly as if the drawer is full but it is definitely not.

1. After attempting to troubleshoot the above issue (which failed btw), the power button is no longer functioning. When the litter robot is connected to power, the light comes on to indicate that power is connected, but the power button itself no longer lets me turn the robot off. I have to unplug it now to disconnect power.

Hardware concerned: Litter Robot

Software concerned: None

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

1. Dismantled and cleaned around DFI sensors and also cleaned anti pinch metal connections and have made sure they are touching. Exactly as I have done previously.

2. I have checked and re-checked that all connection leads relating to the main control panel are correctly connected. The power light comes on when power is connected but the button to turn power on/off no longer functions.

Additional information:

This litter robot has already had the DFI sensor unit replaced once under warranty (and I had this issue with a second litter robot (lots of cats), so I am quite experienced in taking the mechanism apart to clean/replace the parts.

The litter robot is under extended warranty - please could you advise who I need to contact for support/advice?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @LPFigwort ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Have you tried to clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor with isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from the small pins on them?

Here’s a clearer video to help you locate these boards:

You can also clean the Anti-Pinch pins with WD-40 and sandpaper while doing this.

After that, keep the robot unplugged for a few hours and test it again.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply. The original order number was 886426. I have a copy of the original order form I can send to you if you can provide me with an email address?

I have followed your advice to further clean the contact points on the pinch pins and re-assembled but the problem is still happening unfortunately. The pins are clean.

Since my original message, my 2nd litter robot has now developed exactly the same fault, which is also under warranty - would you like me to report that issue under a separate ticket or are you able to deal with both for me? For reference, the second robot has already been subject to this issue under the warranty, please see link to the original post below regarding that one.

Essentially I am now in the position where both litter robots have now failed in exactly the same way with the same problem.

Please help :slight_smile:

Hello @LPFigwort ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, both robots will need a DFI sensor replacement.

The robot with the order number 886426 is still covered by the extended warranty so we can certainly send you a new DFI sensor for it.

As for the other robot which was bought from “CATNovation” You would still need to contact the manufacturer directly to get the replacement DFI sensor.

You also need to check on the contact pins shown in the following videos and clean them with WD-40 and send us some pictures of them to decide if they need replacing as well or not:

Please provide us with the following details:

• Shipping address.
  • Phone number.
  • Serial number.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi again,

I have now again gone through and dismantled both litter robots and have followed the steps outlined in the two videos you have supplied. The contact pins shown in the videos are completely clean and clear on my two litter robots.

Please could you arrange to send me a replacement DFI sensor for the robot purchased via order number 886426. Let me know if you need any further information from me on that.

In relation to the second robot purchased from CatNovation, I have raised a support ticket with Litter-Robot for assistance.

Thank you,

Vicky

Hello @LPFigwort,

In this case, we can certainly send you a new DFI sensor under the extended warranty.

Please provide us with the following:

• Shipping address.
  • Phone number.
  • Serial number located on the back of the robot.

We have set this post to private so that you can send us the details but you can also send us the details via direct messages.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello @LPFigwort ,

We have received your information and will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

“Merry Christmas and Happy New Year”

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.