Litter Robot 3 Connect - Yellow light blinking fast

My litter robot stopped while it was cycling and now it keeps blinking fast in yellow light. I tried all the things I read in the forum, checked and cleaned anti pinch safety, cleaned drawer full sensor plastics, checked the bonnet connection pins. All seems to be in order. But yellow light keeps blinking fast and unit is not working.

I bought the unit in Feb 2020 so I don’t know if it’s still covered by warranty or not but we can’t use it now. Any help is appreciated. I couldn’t find the technical service contact, it keeps sending me to this forum. So I’m hoping someone will pick this up and help.

Thank a lot in advance.

Hello @muhammeddemir,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice to check your warranty.

Was the globe stuck upside down when you first saw the yellow light blinking?

Does the blue light blink slowly if you press the “Reset” button?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Order number is #1046146, order date, 03/12/2020 and received it on 16/12/2020. So it was in December 2020 not Feb, sorry my bad. I don’t know how to add the invoice here as an attachment. It says new users cannot upload attachments. The invoice number is 10910926

Yes the blue light blink slowly when I press the reset button. Globe was at 1 o’clock position, not upside down when it was stuck.

Hope these answers your questions and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello @muhammeddemir,

Thank you for your reply.

These details are enough, we have located your order and your robot is still under warranty.

The issue you are having is related to the DFI sensor and Anti-Pinch pins.

You will need to clean the 2 green circuit boards of the DFI sensor using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Then clean the Anti-Pinch pins with WD-40 and sandpaper.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

If you find this too complicated for you, you can send us the robot for repair under the warranty.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

I checked all those pins already and they looked fine. Do you still need me to send the pictures? Also how do I send the pictures? I cannot attach any files here.

Hello @muhammeddemir,

If the pins are clean, no need to send us pictures of them.

You can send pictures by using the “Upload” icon or to just copy-paste them into your reply.

Have you cleaned the DFI sensor as we mentioned above? any changes so far?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

I cleaned the DFI sensor as well but no change.

Hello @muhammeddemir,

In this case, the DFI sensor will need to be replaced.

We can send you a new one under the warranty.

We will forward you now to our internal support system to carry on with the process.

You will receive an email shortly with further instructions.

Have a lovely afternoon, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.