Litter Robot 3 Connect - Failed to Onboard at Finishing Up step

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
Litter Robot failed to onboard at “Finishing Up” step

Hardware concerned:
Litter Robot 3 Connect Upgrade Kit + Android phone

Software concerned:
Litter-Robot Connect app

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

• Unplug robot for 15 seconds and plug it back in
  • Turn off 5GHz broadcasting
  • Reboot router
  • Reinstall app
  • Restart phone
  • Forget wifi networks, turn off mobile data
  • Move litter robot next to the router

Additional information:
I’ve recently upgraded my Litter Robot 3 Open Air using the Connect Upgrade Kit purchased from RobotShop, and can’t get to succesfully onboard in the app. Whenever the app gets to the last step “Finishing Up”, the robot’s hotspot turns off, and the app stays at this step for a couple minutes before timing out with the message “Failed to Onboard”.

I’ve tried all the steps on the Litter Robot website (https://support-litter-robot.force.com/s/article/I-cannot-onboard) and in the thread (Litter Robot 3 Connect Onboard fail at last step).

A couple things I’ve noticed:

• When turning on the wifi hotspot by holding the Cycle and Empty buttons, the blue Power light turns off after roughly 8 seconds and my phone doesn’t end up detecting the wifi network 9/10 times
  • My router shows that the robot is connected to the network, with the device name “expressif”
  • There doesn’t seem to be a way to hard reset the robot, as even after unplugging it and plugging it back in after 15 seconds, it reconnects to my wifi network

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Flyingtree !

Here is the advice from manufacturer:

At the end of the onboarding process, if the app just says “Finishing up” for longer than 1 minute. please do the following:

*** Leave the app**
*** Select WiFi settings (It will be connected to Litter-Robot still)**
*** Choose their home network **
*** Open the app back up**

This will instantly connect them.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply! Unfortunately, this didn’t work as the blue power LED turns off as soon as the “Finishing up” step begins. The Ready light turns on, and my phone disconnects from the Litter Robot wifi as the hotspot is turned off. Any other solution?

We will exchange circuit board. Please give us your order ID.

Order ID is 1015239. It was purchased on August 30.

Thanks!

We will transfer this to our internal support.

You will receive an email in a few minutes.

Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.