Litter Robot 3 cat sensor interrupt

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering my litter robot 3 worked fine for a month or so

No it has been stopping in the middle of cycles with a cat interrupt sensor error, the cat is not in the litter.
I’ve tried pressing cycle to resume the cycle and the litter-robot app keeps sending notification about cat sensor interrupt.

I’ve tried moving the litter robot to be sure the surface is flat, I’ve did the hard reset as instructed on the litter-robot website.
I’ve also did the reset button to reset the cat sensor.

The order number is 1061299

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @derikshen and welcome to our forum.

The blinking yellow light will switch to blinking red after 2 minutes if the cat sensor (CATS) has been continuously activated by excess weight. Please remove excess weight and check your unit for the following:

• The litter is above the fill line or in excess of 10lbs.
  • The cat sensor has not been reset after adding weight
  • The waste drawer has too much weight
  • The unit is sitting on an uneven surface - grout lines on a tile floor or in a bathtub.
  • The unit is pushed into a corner, against a wall, or furniture
  • Objects are resting or pressing on the unit
1 Like

Hi! thanks for the reply here’s some more info

the light didn’t turn red it just stay a constant yellow light.

The litter is not filled above the fill line, using the same litter as when I got the robot worked fine for a month or so

I did a full hard reset as well as several reset after moving the unit, problem has been recurrent for the past few days sometime it works sometime it doesn’t

Waste drawer isn’t indicating full unit also did it with empty waste drawer

Unit is on a hardwood floor not pushed against a wall or anything close to it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @derikshen

Thank you for your reply.

As we understood you, robot is working fine but you are just getting these notification errors in the app?

Can you try and disable notifications? You can disable the notifications under Settings -> Notifications. Both CSF and Bonnet removed can be disabled. Along with Pinch, Over torque, and Position faults.

Then see what happens with the robot.

Hello @igor_X!
Actually the robot was stopping mid cycle and the light remained orange, I’ve cleaned up the tray and made sure everything you mentionned was ok, so far no more problems…

I will test for a few days and let you know if there’s any issues!

Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

You are welcome.

1 Like

Hi, I am a newbie in the community, just started using a brand new litter robot 3 connect yesterday!
But I have experienced the exact same issue as described. I am not sure what is my next step when the yellow light is blinking and the cycle is interrupted in the middle. The surface is even, everything else seems to be correct. I pressed the reset button and even powered off, and I was able to get it going once. But after sometime when my other cat finished her business, the same issue happened again.

A confirmed solution would be great. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @evelinayen and welcome to our forum.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t