Litter-Robot 3 cannot find dump position

I’ve been having this same issue. After every dump cycle the lights flash one after another and I need to press the reset button in order for the machine to cycle again after a cat exits. I checked the magnets and replaced the wiring harness which included the hall effect sensor. I made sure the censor was installed correctly. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue and I’m not sure what to try next :expressionless: any ideas would be appreciated!

1 Like

Good day @Juhs10

Thank you for contacting us!

If Hall sensors are installed properly, and you are using original power supply adapter, we would recommend that you check magnets inside the globe.

If you’ve disassembled the globe and the magnets have fallen out, please follow the troubleshooting below to put them back into place.

1. Take your bonnet and globe off. Replace the bonnet without replacing the globe.
  2. Turn the unit on. Press Cycle if the unit is not already cycling.
  3. Take one of the magnets and slide it towards the left side of the motor gear. If the unit stops, and the gear reverses direction, this will be the triggering side.
  4. Place the triggering side down towards the table/ floor you are working on.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 for your second magnet.

Now that we have found which way each magnet needs to go in, please review the instructions below for how they go into the globe:

*Before we get started, please note that the portion of the magnet that triggers (which you would have placed towards the table/floor you were working with) has to be pointed outwards when putting them back in the globe (away from the inside of the globe).

1. Take a look at the pictures provided. There are 4 closed-in areas on the track when looking at the back of the globe.
  2. The first magnet needs to go into the closed-in area next to the waste opening on the globe. Take a small piece of tape and tape this magnet into position.
  3. The two closed areas that are right next to each other aren’t used for the magnets, so please ignore those. The second magnet goes in that last closed area. Take a small piece of tape and tape this magnet into position.

At this time, your magnets should be back in place! Please re-assemble your globe and put your unit back together.

To test your changes, turn the unit on and let it cycle. Please let us know if you have any further concerns.