LItter Robot 3 bonnet removed error

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

**LR 3 reporting Bonnet Removed.

Litter Robot 3, upgraded to Connect, Serial Number is: LRC034928:

Software concerned:

**Bent tabs, polished cradle edges, sanded bonnet contacts, removed and cleaned pinch connectors, replaced cat sensor. **:

Flashing yellow light twice per second immediately after powering on.:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @zzzjdbzzz,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

If the bonnet is removed, the yellow light should blink once per second.

Do you get an error on the App. saying this while the yellow light is blinking twice per second?

What happens when you press “Reset”?

Please provide us with your order number and a video of the lights if possible.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

hi, thanks for the quick reply. Somehow I counted wrong – it is blinking once per second. I get the bonnet removed error on the app. Nothing happens when I push reset or cycle (as demonstrated in the video I uploaded). I had this problem before, and replacing the cat sensor seemed to fix it. This time, it didn’t help.

I purchased this about 4 or 5 years ago, and I can’t find the receipt. I do have the receipt for the “Connect” board,
Order #100208928, Litter-Robot.com

and the cat sensors, latest:
Order #1016306, robotshop.com

earlier:
Order #857691

thanks again,

Jerry

Hello @zzzjdbzzz,

Thank you for your reply.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet, you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between the base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

You can also try to deactivate the nightlight using this blog while pointing your phone’s flashlight at the light sensor located above the “Cycle” button:
https://www.litter-robot.com/blog/2016/11/24/litter-robot-open-air-feature-automatic-night-light/

Please tell us how this goes.

Sincerely,

It looks like it is the bonnet. I covered the sensor, turned it on, the night light flashes on for a moment, then the yellow light blinks. I took the cover off the sensor, held the power button for 5 seconds to turn the night light on, and it went on, but would not go off when I shined the flash light on the sensor. Also, I’m unable to keep the night light off, it keeps coming on after I power off the robot.

Should I order a new bonnet?

thanks,
Jerry

Hello @zzzjdbzzz,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the bonnet needs to be replaced.

Since you are no longer under the warranty, you can order a new bonnet from this link:

Let us know if you had any further issues.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,