Litter robot 3 - all lights blinking sequentially

My unit is BRAND NEW. Email customer service they sent me the email they sent to everyone. Tried every step still nothing. The unit spins like it should until it needs to go back to standing vertically - it stays on a slant and the lights start blinking. Help!!

Hello @Bebexpxo89,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number and a short video of the robot attempting a cycle to check the error.

Sincerely,

Order # 993164

Please see attached video.

FYI when I had no litter in - it did the same thing. I added litter because I thought that was the problem.

I can’t upload a 10 sec video?

Sorry I’m so frustrated. Do you have an email I can send the video to please?

Okay the 7 second video worked!

Hello @Bebexpxo89,

Thank you for your patience.

We have seen the video, is this the ending of the cycle?

Sincerely,

Yes that’s the end

Very well, this is an issue with the base.

Please follow this video to open the base and check the wiring, maybe one of them isn’t connected well:

You can also send us a picture of the hall-effect sensors, just like this one:

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Wow okay I’ll do this tomorrow. It’s a new unit though this is crazy I have to do this!

Hello @Bebexpxo89,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it’s very unlikely to happen but it could happen due to the shipping.

This is a simple step to confirm the situation, it could be just one wire that isn’t connected, or in your case it could be the black bracket in the red circle being shifted a little.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Okay here are the pictures. I have no idea what to do next? Very frustrated this is a new unit I shouldn’t be doing this. Please respond ASAP thank you.

Can you please take this back and I be sent a new one? I have 2 cats and I’ve had to purchase a new litter box for them that I scoop everyday.

Hello @Bebexpxo89,

Thank you for sending us the pictures.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and the frustration that we have caused to you.

However, this is a simple issue and we will tell you how to fix it immediately and the robot should be working fine right after that.

Please take a look at the attached picture and follow the steps below:

1- Gently, remove the right side of the tape so that you can have access to the sensor with the yellow arrow above it.

2- We need to flip that sensor to the left side so that the orange wire (indicated by the red arrow) could be on the inner side next to the yellow wire.

3- You can see a grove inside the black bracket where the sensor should be inserted into it just like the other sensor on the left, so please gently insert the top part of the sensor inside this grove after you have flipped it.

4- Finally, put back the tape on the sensor to keep it fixed and close this area and start your robot again.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Awesome great it now works almost perfectly. The wifi is not working. I have the app I press cycle and empty at the same time and nothing happens the power doesn’t turn blue. I’ve had litter robots before so I know how this should work. The ready light just stays solid blue the whole time. Can you please help with this new issue?

I’ve unplugged the unit and everything

Is there a number I can call you?

Very well, glad to hear that the first issue has been fixed.

Unfortunately, we don’t use the phone calls for support so we can monitor the quality of the service.

As for the connecting to the App issue, please try the following troubleshooting:

Please enable “Airplane Mode” before beginning to prevent the smart network switch from interfering with the onboarding process.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Reboot your router.
  2. Completely close the Litter-Robot app.
  3. While the unit is at the Home position with the solid blue light, unplug your unit from the BASE, not the wall.
  4. Wait 15 seconds, plug it back in, and allow it to cycle until the solid blue light comes on (“Ready” status).
  5. Open the app and follow the steps.

Please make sure you complete the process within 10 minutes and that you are broadcasting off 2.4 GHZ.

If you still experience issues onboarding, please check for the following:

• SSID network names must be under 31 characters

• Network passwords must be between 8-31 characters and cannot have slashes, periods or spaces ( \ / . )

• Unable to see hidden networks

• Unable to view MAC address. Third party apps can.

• Unable to connect to a network that does not have a password

• Check to see if the Litter-Robot Hotspot is broadcasting all the time. The easiest way to check would be to check your WiFi network options to see if the Litter-Robot is listed prior to enabling the unit’s hotspot (pressing Cycle and Empty). It should only broadcast after it’s been enabled.

Customer Service Code: 4045

We are so sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We appreciate your time and patience while working with us. If you are still having issues onboarding, please advise.

Here is a great video that shows you step by step on how to get everything set up with your WiFi:

Best regards,

Still not working. I’ve tried every step you listed and all the troubleshooting. I haven’t even gotten the unit to enable wifi - I don’t think it’s anything to do with my wifi but the unit itself. I press cycle and empty and nothing happens. It doesn’t go into wifi mode the powder button doesn’t illuminate to blue.

Hello @Bebexpxo89,

Thank you for your patience.

We have checked your order again and it seems that you have purchased the normal Litter-Robot…not the connect version.

That’s why you are unable to connect it to your phone.

If you wish to upgrade it to the connect version you can order the upgrade kit + new DFI sensor.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,