Litter Robot 2 stopped working, no lights, no ball movement

Hi!

My LR 2 is dead. No lights. A few days ago it refused to cycle and the yellow light blinked rapidly. I turned it off and on again and it worked fine. Two days later it did the same thing, I tried cycling the switch and it still didn’t work. I took the ball off and cleaned under it, and switched it on and it worked. Now – nothing. I checked that the wall socket was working; still nothing. Is there a fuse or something that has blown? If so where?

I had the harness replaced by Robot Shop in 2017, and got a new power cord then. I have tried plugging it in to a different wall socket and it remained dead. I have had the LR2 for over 12 years. Is it worth sending back for another repair? Is there a fuse somewhere I can change? If this is a harness problem, is it still under warranty from RobotShop?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @PashaS ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

The robot is no longer under warranty because the longest warranty we had was 7 years and this is a 12yo robot.

If you have no lights on the control panel while the Litter-Robot is plugged in, it could be a few issues:

• The power supply might be defective : if possible please verify it with a voltmeter.
  • If you leave the unit plugged in, is the control panel hot at touch?
  • It could also be the circuit board that is defective.

We need to know where are you located, sending the robot for repair would be too expensive if you are from a different country from Canada and Netherlands.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi, Ebram,

I’ll try turning it on to see if the control panel gets hot. Would the pattern of the lights as I described happen if it were the power supply? Or if the circuit board were failing? I looked thru my old emails and found one from a Shirley K. dated 2018-01-24 at 9:38 AM. It would have been soon thereafter that I sent the base in for repair. Also, I have a note that I bought a power supply on order 1018084.
I’ll see if we have a voltmeter to test that power supply.

I live in BC.

Thanks for your help,
Pasha

Hello @PashaS,

Thank you for your reply.

Very well, awaiting for your feedback after the testing steps.

You can also try the following:

1. While the globe is at the dump position please check to see if the Waste Port Guard handle is interfering with the entrance lip of the flexible liner. If this appears to be the case then please reposition the lip such that the channel at the base of the lip is fitted onto the hard plastic opening.

2. Remove the globe and make sure there is nothing stuck on the base where the globe turns. Make sure there is nothing preventing the globe from turning properly. Also, make certain there is no debris on the safety line and then SNAP it a few times to make certain the switch is not stuck. Please also make sure the litter-robot is on a level surface.

3. Let’s also make certain the cat sensor is at the factory setting. Please remove the globe and waste drawer and make certain the unit is off. You will see a black cover just inside the base. Remove it. You will now be able to see a bolt that is coming out of a nut. This bolt should show 1/4 inch above the nut. If it does not, then adjust the cat sensor by turning what we call the foot/knob that is directly underneath the base until it is.

Put everything back together and let the unit cycle.

You may also see the following blog posts to help you with these verifications:

Sincerely,