Litter Robot 2 running backwards

I replaced the motor when it quit, having determined it wouldn’t even run out of the unit when connected to power. The new motor seems to work better and quieter than the old one. Now the problem is that the device will randomly run in reverse, spilling litter outside the globe. I’ve been leaving it off between cat visits, just flipping the switch to get it to run properly. Seems even when I leave it on, waiting to see what lights go on, it won’t do anything until my back is turned.

Hello @Jaythefixer3 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with a video showing the robot when this behavior occurs.

Also, please reopen the motor compartment area and check if there are any objects or wires entangled with the gear of the motor.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Uploading: 20240813_211532.mp4…
Nothing is entangled with the motor.

Hello @Jaythefixer3 ,

Thank you for your reply.

You have submitted the reply before the video was fully uploaded so please try to redo this and wait till the video is fully uploaded so we can view it.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I can’t get the full video to upload. Believe me, it turns clockwise and spills litter outside the globe. It does this after the cat sensor has been activated, but not every time. When in this backwards cycle, the yellow cycle light is lit, until it changes direction. Then, for that short ‘parking’ movement and afterwards, all the lights are on.

Did I stump you?

Hello @Jaythefixer3 ,

Thank you for your patience.

We are currently discussing the issue of your robot with our repair department and ,unfortunately, they can’t confirm the source of the issue without physically inspecting the robot.

Was this robot purchased from us? If yes, please send us the order number.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

No, I don’t think I purchased it from you. I’ve had it for 10-12 years. It worked fine up until the motor quit. It was reconditioned 10-24-12. Serial #815029

Hello @Jaythefixer3 ,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, if the robot wasn’t purchased from us, we won’t be able to take it back for a repair.

In this case, we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for assistance:
[email protected]
1-877-250-7729

Feel free to contact us again if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Sincerely,