Letter Robot - Recommendations

Hi community,

I am new here and about to start a project. Therefore I need a robot, that is able to write about 100 personalized letters in a week. It would be perfect, if he has an API, so that I can use excel to type in the data of our customers and the robot writes the letter out of that information (FYI: Name, adress, text is always the same).

Does anyone have a recommendation for such a robot?

Thank you all very much in advance.

1 Like

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you would be interested by the AxiDraw robot: https://www.robotshop.com/en/axidraw-v3-personal-writing-drawing-robot.html

1 Like

Good afternoon it looks like someone else has the same idea as me … I am thinking about buying the one for 800 how long does it take to write one letter and where can I get the soft ware before hand so I can play with the program …

Hello @Ibelardo,

Are you referring to this model?

how long does it take to write one letter

It depends on the type of letter but the maximum XY travel speed is 11 inches (28 cm) per second. You can check the demonstration video (on the multimedia section of the product page) to have an idea of the speed.

where can I get the software

You can drive it directly from within Inkscape, using the AxiDraw extension.

And you can find a great guide for all the software installation here.

Thank you for your quick response …I also want to know which edition of the robot anyone can recommend ? I am only using the robot for letters and envelopes …I have tried to do the side by side comparison however I can not really tell

The biggest difference between each version is the XY travel (printable area)

• AxiDraw V3: 11.81 × 8.58 inches (Just over US letter size)
  • AxiDraw V3/A3: 16.93 × 11.69 inches
  • AxiDraw SE/A3: 16.93 × 11.69 inches *Upgraded version of the V3/A3 (better straightness and stiffness, more stable and uniform motion)
  • AxiDraw V3 XLX: 23.42 x 8.58 inches (Twice as long as US letter size) *Extended edition of the AxiDraw V3

I hope this information is helpful, however, if you want to know the opinions of other people who use Axidraw you could visit their forum: https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/forum/axidraw/