LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have this laser tube lying around and I was wondering how to use it. It is a Helium-Neon (HE-NE) gas laser tube built by Uniphase.

Photo_28.jpg

horrible picture, just like most of mine

It's description is very vague, I'll read you the label.

(clears throat)

Uniphase

HE-NE GAS LASER

THIS TUBE DOES NOT COMPLY WITH 21 CFR 1040. USE ONLY AS A COMPONENT. SEE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

MADE IN U.S.A.

S/N 183475

It's about six inches long, just in case that helps. I got it from a local surplus store (HSC ROCKS!!!) for about ten USD. Hey, it's surplus! No documents came with it.

Any ideas on the power requirements and power supply hardware I will need?

Thanks!

Ah yes, fine friend…
Too bad I’m not a laser guy, can’t help you there!

Awwww…
pwetty pwease!

Found this web site.

Found this web site. Everything you ever wanted to know about HeNe lasers. Don`t know how helpful it is though, that stuff looks complicated!

Yeah…
I know, I’ve googled and all that, everything is extremely hard to understand, plus they are mostly crappy sites, yeah.

aww… s$%t
LONGITUDAL MODES OF OPERATION? wow. I only just checked out the site. I thought you just had to get a power supply and hook it up…

:frowning:
I guess my laser tube will be laying around for quite a few more years. Thanks anyways for the help, guys! :slight_smile:

This may be a little more
This may be a little more basic. And Wikipedia always has some pretty pictures.

Maybe you can pick it out of
Maybe you can pick it out of a lineup. From there, you can match it with a power supply.

oh man…
the JDSU pdf asks for 1000 volts. and here I was fiddling with my stupid 9v batteries. jeez, maybe i’ll find a laser diode in a cd burner or something. Still, i appreciate the help you guys gave me! :slight_smile:

maybe

cool! i have some laser pointers, but they’re all pretty much destroyed. still…

ps: i will ninja you someday, ninjatech!