Kitronik Compact 16 Servo Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit

I’m having trouble getting my servo drivers to work. Does it have to be battery powered or should it be able to work with microbit plugged into the computer? Is 2 AA batteries enough power for 2 motors? I have found videos about the code, and very brief videos showing it in use, but not a good all inclusive video to get started. Any help you could provide would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi @mrkelly185 and welcome to our forum.

According to Kitronik Compact 16 Servo Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit – Kitronik Ltd, you should not power this via micro:bit USB but use power supply from the driver board.

I guess that how big power supply should be depends on how many motors you want to run but Kitronik recommends 3 x AA battery holder: 3x AA Battery Holder with Flying Leads – Kitronik Ltd

What problem do you actually have?

Just need 2 servo motors running right now. I don’t seem to have any power. I have a 2-battery AA pack and a 4 battery pack. With the 4 battery pack I had to cut off the port because it wasn’t one that fit the driver board. So I have 2 black wires for that pack, but it seems not to work no matter which wire I put in the plus and minus ports.

1 Like

Maybe I just need to get the right battery pack.

1 Like

Hi @mrkelly185 !

Yes, I would suggest that you try with 3 batteries.