K2AV-001

K2AV-001 is my first "robot" and it recites poems of Dr. Jose Rizal. It is controlled via a remote control so I can hardly call it robot. He is made of scrap, by the way. For the environment!!!

I was trying to make his mouth with an LCD interfaced with an arduino clone called Aceduino with atmega328 but it has been three days and I still could not work it out. My uncle told me the IC of my LCD is broken so I am thinking of purchasing another one and continue the job.

Navigates around, recites poems of Rizal, sings

• Control method: non-autonomous
  • Target environment: indoor on smooth surfaces

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/k2av-001

Welcome to LMR!I like the

Welcome to LMR!

I like the use of scrap material and I am looking forward to see your first creation finished.

Thanks

Thank you! It is an honor to have you all commenting here.

You are welcome. When your

You are welcome. When your profile picture is right you are even more welcome since we do not have many girls here. I guess we could get some other perspective coming from a girls mind :slight_smile:

welcome to LMR
you might want to add a mustache to that bot :wink:

Thanks!

That’s a good idea!

Yeah I see

Yeah I’ve only seen 2 female accounts here, so I advertise this site to my girl friends. They absolutely love robots too. It would be fun to have robotics as a part of our curriculum here but sadly my country does not focus on technology or engineering. Anyway, I believe we can all self-learn.

I like your singing and poetry ideas.

I like your singing and poetry ideas.  I’ve been working for awhile to get my bot to learn everything a kid would learn.  While speech is no problem, I keep wondering how to pull off singing, as all kids sing.  I’ve been tying into web services for a lot of other things like wiki, quotes, movies, but haven’t found a poetry web service yet.  

Love to see some video or explanation of singing or poetry if you get a chance.  Please keep up the good work.

Regards,

Martin 

K2AV-001

Cool, then we need to tell some of the guys tobehave well in the shout box :slight_smile:

As you will see, here on LMR are many members from countries with even less technology focus than the Philippines and regulary power outtakes of 12+ hours every day. So I am sure, you and your friends will do just fine. Self learning is one of the benefits the internet provides. Use it and use LMR for your research, questions, and let us know about your projects. 

Still looking forward to the finished K2AV-001. Did you get your new LCD yet?

I will, thank you!I will

I will, thank you!

I will work on it after I finish taking SAT. For now, I still have to focus on my exams. Haha

Hello

My robot is not really complex. Would that be a shame if I only reverse engineered some cheap portable speakers? 

And I am actually a fan of your super droid bot! I’ve watched your videos before and she’s very (VERY, VERY, VERY) cool!!! It is my dream to build a robot as cool as yours.

You, too-keep the ball rolling.