Join the RobotShop / Lynxmotion Tech Team

This is an amazing opportunity for a robotic geek out there who loves robots and wishes to be fully immersed in everything robotic. As a Robotics Technician you will be exposed to our ridiculously large variety or products spanning every single area in the personal robotics market and will be asked to learn about them, support them, and love them.

RobotShop specializes in the sale and distribution of domestic as well as professional robots, robotic kits, robot parts and more. RobotShop has been seen exponential growth since its founding in 2003 and now has locations in America and Europe. As of 2012, RobotShop is the 10th fastest growing company in Quebec, and the 63rd fastest growing company in Canada.
lactualite.com/economie/les-leaders-sont-la
profitguide.com/microsite/profit200/2012

The robotic market is expanding rapidly and we are looking for the right candidate to join our dynamic and ambitious team. You’re probably wondering what are the exact tasks associated with this awesome job. If you get chosen, you will support the engineering department by:

Primary Tasks

• Providing internal technical and product selection support for all RobotShop products
  • Providing technical support to customers and help with product selection
  • Helping in the creation of new robotic products
  • Entering new products, review and update existing product descriptions
  • Keeping the robots happy and possibly other tasks
  • Work closely with the Lynxmotion tech team
  • Misc website related tasks (we’re an online company after all)

What do you need to get this job? Its simple; you must be a robotics geek with previous robot building experience. Or if you want a more formal list:

Education

• CEGEP, AEC, DEC
  • 1 to 12 months previous experience in a similar position.
  • Worked with, designed or built robots.
  • Know how to integrate robotic systems (microcontrollers, sensors, motor controllers, actuators, etc.)
  • Written communication skills in both English and French are crucial
  • Must be able to communicate technical concepts simply, clearly and concisely while remaining courteous.
  • Ability to learn independently.
  • Good people skills, eagerness to help as well as patience are critical to this position.

Qualities

• Able to multitask, manage your priorities and track down accurate information.
  • Interested in robotics (a.k.a. being a “robotics geek”).
  • Positive attitude.
  • Attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures and directions.
  • Team player.
  • Show Initiative.
  • Productive and efficient.

• 18005 #305 Lapointe, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada, J7J 0G2

Are you envisioning yourself surrounded by robots for a minimum of 37.5 hours per week? Stop dreaming and send a soft copy of your resume to [email protected] and let us know why YOU would be the ideal candidate.

It’s a damn pitty you guys aren’t located in the netherlands! :wink:

Xan, we might be close to your home soon, stay tuned :wink:

The position is still available so don’t miss this opportunity. Calling all robot builders!

Hi,
I am new to robots but have a good background in engineering, computers and electrical/electronics including radio control. I am looking to move over to Canada with my wife (she has dual nationality with uk/Canada) and this might be a perfect opportunity. Would my limited robot experience be an issue? I have always been into this environment and I believe this could ideal.
Many thanks
Keith

Xan: You would certainly be the perfect man for a job like this. :wink:

Btw, I didn’t know you can talk/write French?

French would be a problem… Maybe I could trade it for Dutch and a bit of German? :wink:

@Mario: Sound’s interesting. I’ll stay tuned :slight_smile:

English is the more critical of the two languages. Additional languages are certainly beneficial.

This current position has now been filled, but RobotShop is expanding rapidly, so if you want to become part of this amazing team, send us your resume.