IR Sensor Help.....

When I connect my servo to the board it starts heating up really bad. I am not sure whats wrong or where it's supposed to go.

I'm connecting to the part that has the 5 V instead of the VS which the right way for analong stuff right?

I just need to know if this thing is soldered right and if not how it should be... I also saw in this link it could be done another way...

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2008/10/14/quick-tip-analog-signal-from-a-digital-distance-sensor

any recommendations? thanks.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/nff7us.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2qk6q88.jpg[/IMG]

Second recommendation - need more input

The more we know about your situation, the better suited our answers can be. I am guessing you are using an Arduino as micro controller project board. Start by verifying that guess. Furthermore, we need to know more about your circuit. Pictures, schematics, video, pirated photos with commentary photoshopped in them. Whatever it takes to make us understand.

I notice two links to external pictures in your post. Learn how to embed them. Read the FAQ on how to do that. Please don’t expect anyone to copy paste those links. Make it easy on the helpers and you shall receive more of it.

First recommendation - no cross posting

Don’t worry about nobody reading your post. We read EVERYTHING on this site. The other post in the electronics forum is redundant. It only serves to confuse the heck out of us all. That includes you Xelha.

No cross posting. Period.

Please read what you have written…

Let me read this back to you,

When I connect my servo to the board it starts heating up really bad. I am not sure whats wrong or where it’s supposed to go.

A) Does the servo heat up, or the board? What board, what pic, what servo? If you don’t know where it goes, how did you plug it in?

I’m connecting to the part that has the 5 V instead of the VS which the right way for analong stuff right?

A) Are we still talking about servos or are we on to the sharp distance sensor? Don’t mix 5v and Vss as that is + and -. Are you trying to make the analogue/ digital conversion?

I just need to know if this thing is soldered right and if not how it should be… I also saw in this link it could be done another way…

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2008/10/14/quick-tip-analog-signal-from-a-digital-distance-sensor

any recommendations? thanks.

A) What sensor are you using? Is it analogue or digital? If it is digital, are you trying to modify it for analogue use? If you are modifying it, your wiring is not even close to the one as seen in the link you attached, so no -that is not right.

Please add the pictures directly or link them -no one wants to cut and paste.

Good, sharp flaming! I like

Good, sharp flaming!

I like it!

Apologies.

I made this post when I was half awake… I am using a basic atom pro micocontroller. And I was talking about the IR sensor making part of the bot board II heat up. Sorry I was not very detailed and I put up wrong info. Now I have solved the problem… what I noticed happened was that the ground and power on the IR sensor analog were coming together because of bad of the bad soldering I did. Now I am trying to program it but I am getting bad results… the sensor picks up dark colored objects from very far away, but on other it picks them up too closely… here is my code. I copied it of lynx motion and modified it a bit but it doesn’t work. When the sensor detects something it just automatically stops. I’m not sure which values to put in so that’s probably the mistake. I know the stuff is pretty simple but I want to start like this and then modify the code extensively. So anyways here is the code if you guys want to help out. (it’s basic atom)

low p10

low p11

m var word

mike var word

loop

ADIN p0, mike;

if mike < 200 then

gosub s

else

gosub l

endif

goto loop