IR camera compatibility with HQ camera USB webcam adaptor

Hi,

I have a project that requires two wide angle IR cameras with a USB connection.

I have purchased two HQ Camera USB webcam adaptors (SKU B0278) but they will not display the image from my existing wide angle IR cameras. I think it is because these webcam adaptors only work with the new HQ Pi cameras.

I have discovered the Arducam High Quality IR-CUT Camera for Raspberry Pi, 12.3MP 1/2.3 Inch IMX477 HQ Camera Module (SKU B0270) that looks like it will do the trick but I can’t confirm whether it is compatible with my HQ camera USB webcam adaptors and can’t afford anymore expensive mistakes! I like this camera because of the lens options.

(I think the version sold on this site might be slightly different than what I am after as it’s for a Jetson Nano. https://www.robotshop.com/uk/arducam-hq-ir-cut-camera-123mp-1-23-in-imx477-w-6mm-cs-lens-jetson-nano.html)

Can anyone tell me for sure whether the SKU B0270 is compatible and if so how to order it on here?

I am based in the UK.

Many thanks

Hello @benobo and welcome to the RobotShop forum,

I think it is because these webcam adaptors only work with the new HQ Pi cameras.

You are correct, the Arducam CSI-USB UVC Camera Adapter Board for 12.3MP IMX477 works with the Raspberry Pi Official High-Quality camera but it also works with Arducam IMX477 HQ camera series, so you can use the Arducam High Quality IR-CUT Camera for Raspberry Pi, 12.3MP 1/2.3 Inch IMX477 HQ Camera Module.

I think the version sold on this site might be slightly different than what I am after as it’s for a Jetson Nano.

Yes, it is a different version and unfortunately, the B0270 (RB-Adu-162) isn’t available. If you don’t mind not using the adapter you already have, you could take a look at these options that can be used directly with USB:

Thank you for your reply.

I presume that you aren’t expecting the RB-Adu-162 to be available anytime soon then?

I’ll look into the alternative options, thank you.

I presume that you aren’t expecting the RB-Adu-162 to be available anytime soon then?

No, it is an inactive product and will not be restocked.

I’ll look into the alternative options, thank you.

Great, let me know if you have any other questions!