IOIO-SHR version 2 sneak preview

Started this weekend with the 2nd version of my IOIO-SHR (Start Here Robot). Because Santa brought me a Rover 5 chassis on christmas, this would become the chassis for it. I got the 2WD version including wheel encoders and the motor controller board.

Here are some shots from the assembly test.

The IOIO is mounted on a carrier board with 3 pin headers for all IOs. Some Jumpers are available to select the supply voltage for the IO headers, 3.3V, 5V from the IOIO or external servo voltage.

IMG_2338_39_40_tonemapped_tif.jpg

The Rover 5 chassis internals. The power switch and the charging connectors needs to get wired. I will use a 7.2V NIMH power pack for the motor driver and a 6V/5A BEC for the servo power.

IMG_2344_5_6_tonemapped_tif.jpg

The Dagu compound eye and a HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor mounted on a Lynxmotion Pan/Tilt frame will become the eyes of the robot.

IMG_2371_2_3_tonemapped_tif.jpg

Backview of the robot.

IMG_2365_6_7_tonemapped_tif.jpg

The wiring needs to be completed. No programming has been done so far, but it should be easy to port the IOIO-SHR v1 programs.

Thanks for watching.

Smartbot

Hey thats looking sweet. I will be most interested to follow along on this one. I have a galaxy but it’s the first. A gt1900 with 2.2 Froyo. But looking at sparkfun I can see it works with Android 1.5 on, how good is that?

I was looking at microchips 24f android development platform yesterday but it’s dearer and only works with 2.3.4 onwards.

Hey I see your in Berlin? I was visiting there last September/October. My second trip in 10 years. Love it there. But perhaps not in winter. heh.