Introducing the STALKER! (project ended)

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1167.jpghttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1168.jpghttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1169.jpg
wires need tidying up, but you get the idea.

You really need to get you’re self some rechargeables!

for now at this testing stage im happy with these. managed to grab a pack of 100 so i wont be running out anytime soon.

i also have the small 1600mah for the servos and i interchange this when it needs charging with the 2800mah. the 2800 is abit more heavy so i only really ever do testing with this one as it can sit on ground so im not adding weight to the robot.

100?? WOW! You know, a single rechargeable is cheaper then a single normal one over here. The government is forcing everybody to buy only rechargeables. I’ve got a couple of 7.2V 300mAh versions which give me enough play time for one day.

I like the proffecional look of the battery holders btw. (forgot to mention it :wink:)

Did you test if the quad can carry the weight of the battery?

battery holders off ebay!

i havent tested the battery on the robot but i think i would be ok. i just havent found a good place to mount it yet. iv just got cable ties under the body for the 1600.
i will be making a battery holder using the same idea as Zenta’s Apod.

also you may notice im using separate 9v’s for each board… i have a RED LED connected to the SSC power supply but i will also be adding 4 LEDs (blue cathode) into the legs. these will will be powered by the Botboard power.
img392.imageshack.us/img392/9670/ledsiq5.th.jpg

Well, asthetic and coolness-wise, my robot really look inferior compared to yours. Then again, it suppose to be phoenix inspire, so I’m happy with that.

With that much battery, it must be heavy. Even my quad with 12x HS-645 are considerably heavy. Maybe I’m not used to the weight yet. If it wasn’t for your Stalker video standing up and doing IK, I would have doubt those servos.

well mainly all SES the robot is quite heavy but yes the 645’s do well. for now. i feel that once i have it walking the strain will reall take its toll on them.

i wouldnt say inferior, your idea is different and cool. im really interested in the idea, and i even think you have a nice project there.

happy the vids have inspired you and even settled your thoughts on there proformance.

Wow! 8)

I loved your new pictures, your Stalker looks great!
Whats the total weight at this moment?

Its clear to see your IK need some magic to work but the videos looked great too. I was hoping to help you out sometime, but I’ve been occupied with other stuff lately.

Haha :blush: :blush: I like to think highly of my own project (who doesn’t), even it doesn’t look as cool. :laughing:

Why not try standing on 3 legs? Simply changing the initialize legs and see if the servo can take it? I have done some quatitative comparison and weight ratio, worst case in a quad gait, each quad leg would need to support half of the body weight.

In crawl gait, this would happen twice in every cycle; when the rear leg and front leg are at their furthest. Twice because it happen during right rear, left front; and left rear, right front. This would thus limit the extend of the legs. The heavy the quad is, the closer the leg has to be to the body.

In trot gait, worst case, one leg would need to support more than half of the body weight.

I wonder what Zenta is up to lately. Nonetheless it’s going to be another amazing project . Respect respect :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

here is a little vid i tried to do but things when wrong.
you can see the gait im using…

[code] IF (GaitType = 0) THEN ;Wave 18 steps
LRGaitLegNr = 10
RFGaitLegNr = 1
RRGaitLegNr = 7
LFGaitLegNr = 16

NrLiftedPos = 2
HalfLiftHeigth = NEGITIVE
TLDivFactor = 16
StepsInGait = 18
TitularGSpeed = 100

ENDIF
return[/code]

when switching to L2 body moves, the robot “sometimes” starts to walk on its own. ?
doesnt happen all the time which is strange.

also once i initiate walk it never seems to actually stop. the legs seem to keep looping the gait.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDqQO8zK … annel_page

obviously this is not the intended, but i thought id post it anyway.

you can see the (one leg up at a time) gait.
oh and some more body moves.

this vid was taken before i changes the leg pos.

EDIT: discussion on gaits for quads:
lynxmotion.net/phpbb/viewtop … 8&start=15

hi.

i have thought about this, not sure what i could use though.
the vacuum parts had “aparently” been “lost”!

i still have the moulds but not the time to finish off building my vac bed.
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/20081121_150202.jpg
think this part of the project has been put on hold for now… :cry:

thanks for you comments.

the camera hasnt picked it up very well but…
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1170-1.jpghttp://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1171-1.jpg

Your project is looking great! I like the progress your video shows! I will be fun to watch it walk!

I like the LEDS. I have been meaning to add some to my Hex legs but have not gotten around to it.

My guess about Zenta being busy lately, is that it is spring in Norway as it is finally in Washington state and he may be busy with outdoor stuf such as gardning… Just a guess.

Again your project is great!

Kurt

missed you there mate…

total weight is aprox:
4lb

it was about (w/out batteries) = 3lb 8oz
but i have adding a few things since.
will give a final weight when i stop myself from building… :wink:

About 4lb sounds ok. As long as the horisontal coxa to tibia distance isn’t to large.

:laughing: That was a VERY good guess !

This is one of the best looking quads I have seen. great progress on the IK code. That stuff is way over my head.

You pictures never seize to amaze me. It just gets better after each post. :smiley:

This is pretty easy to explain. The analog stick on your PS2 remote doesn’t return to the middle position. There is a threshold that you can increase. One remote is a bit worse then the other one…

;[REMOTE] TravelDeadZone con 4 ;The deadzone for the analog input from the remote

But the best way to go is to build yourself a DIY RC. That’s sooooo much better 8)

Xan

… and some PS2 remotes are very bad, I got bad results even with DeadZone = 8 :confused:

Couldn’t agree more with you there! :wink:

Yep, the worst I have seen are from the wired Sony PS2 controllers. They can be real bad.

I will third the use of the DIY receiver!

Kurt