- Arduino UNO Rev3 (I wanted the Picaxe, because that one is so well described, but it appeared not to be sold in Holland)
- Arduino Motor shield Rev3
- The IR distance sensor by sharp (10-80)
- The Magician 2WD Platform (Yes it's a kit I know, but for just 16+ euro's... and it has the wheels and geared motors along with it)
- Some male to male jumpwires
- A battery box
- A Servo 180 degrees.
- Another battery box (6 aa instead of 4 my mistake).
Because the Arduino ONE is an often used inexpensive project board, I thought to find a description like the one for the picaxe easily. It might be, because of my bad English, or because I'm looking at the wrong places. It would be very helpful indeed, to have a basic programming, for an Arduino project board, to create a robot, that does the same thing as the one and original "how to build your first robot" with picaxe board.
When I put this robot together and start to program it, I will make photo's, video's and a description in as well Dutch as English, and try to make it just as easy to read as the real thing.
Yes it’s a Robot!! But it’s not worthy of a name yet…
I Put it together and uploaded de wrm into the thing. No smoke, so that seems all right, but…
After fully assembled and uploaded the wrm, it starts to react (My first response: It’s alive… alive!!). I feel like a father all over again, but I can’t find a resemblance. I’m a very active person and this robot is not that active. Yes his head is turning around and when I lift up the machine the wheels start to roll. But as soon as I put it back on the ground it stops… It seems it has not power enough to do what it’s supposed to do. So, back to the drawing board… I mean this website. I read a lot about gear ratios and while I looked back at the pictures I took I saw the following:
Now I wondered, is this my problem? 48:1? The Magician 2WD Platform was standard delivered with these motors.