Initial servo positions in Mini Hex MH2F

I have built the Mini Hex MH2F. After applying power and connecting to the control software in my computer, each one of the 12 servos is initially placed in a totally different initial position.

Does this mean that I screwed up when I connected the servos to the parts that are holding them and have to repeat the process again? Or is this something that can be adjusted by software? These are not small changes but quite significant.

Also, what should be the desired position after “centering all servos”?

Thanks

Al

Sending a “centered” position of 1500 should have each leg at 90 degrees and parallel. If not, then yes, you will need to remove the screw holding the servo horn in place and reposition the servo correctly while under power.
The software can only care care of around 5 degrees off center. Which robot do you have? Can you provide a few clear photos?

Thank you for your response. I have the Mini-Hex Hexapod Kit MH2F with Flowbotics Studio. I have established communication between the SSC-32 board and my computer by using a serial connection or by using the Bluetooth Bee.

I start with all the legs parallel to the table and perpendicular to the body of the robot. I power the servos with the 6 V battery and the board with a 9 V battery. I then start Flowbotics Studio and from there, I choose the SSC-32 Servo Sequencer. Once the Servo Sequencer finds the correct port and speed, then the servos get activated and move to the initial positions as shown in the pictures below.

After this, I am able to move each servo independently by changing the sliders in the Servo Sequencer. I can place them in the desired state but is then a way to tell the board that this is what I would like as the initial state? Or do I have to dissasamble each leg and put them back together to their initial states will be the one I desire?

Thanks,

Al

Yes, indeed it looks like when you assembled the white horns to the brackets, they were not in fact zeroed.
Remove the center crew holding the servos in place (so the white horn remains with the bracket).
Ensure that when the robot is powered that none of the servos seem to be moving to a position which is physically blocked, or else they will overheat.
When you power the robot and use the sequencer software to send “all centered” positions (1500), gently lift the horn off the servo (with the bracket) reposition at what should be the zeroed angle (as close as you can get) and then gently push it back onto the servo’s output spline. Repeat for each servo and then put the screws back in place.