Informations about RPLidar A1 and problems

Hello,
I recently bought a rpLidar A1. I use it with an esp32 µc with a serial connexion. I have some questions about it :

• what is the scale of quality level ? What is the minimum value and the maximum value we can expect ? Is biggest value = better quality and lowest value = poor quality ? or is it the opposite ?

• I can’t find any filters using quality lvl in the SDK. Do you know by experience wich value of quality do we need to filter ?

• Also, when i use the lidar with serial connexion, one particular angle is very noisy (at about -30°), it gives random distance value beetwen 0 and 4000mm. It doesn’t seem to happen with USB adapter and the SDK. That is why i need to know if you filter value in the SDK, to see if my lidar get a hardware problem.

• When a target is out range, does the lidar return something ? like 0 distance ? or Max distance ? I get some strange behaviors with this lidar…

I really need these informations so I can use the lidar properly. I tried to contact slamtec multiple times but thay never answered…
Thank you,

1 Like

Hello @TibDU

These are very precise questions which can only be answered by Slamtec. Have you tried this address? : [email protected]

I’ve reached out to them a couple times in the past and they always answered.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer, i’ll try this email, i had an other one !
I’ll tell you if i know more about all my questions

1 Like