In Need of some help robot arm

DSCF4004.JPG (1174304Bytes)

Help help just build and disigned a robotic arm and running in some problems whit code it works completely servo controled

but trying to diside what is the right way to control it it has a arduino for controll i was thinking to make it interact whit the pc and for  andfor fast independent fun use some of the code from pinauts blog (simple and great go pinaut) but i want to make it interact with the pc true  python or some program of that kind because of the posible grafic interface i got acces to a leapmotion controller to and saving for the apoc+ 

but now the help i am stil kind of a noob whit the code i wrote some litle games in basic 19 years ago when i was 11 and just started arduino can somebody kick me in the right direction where i can start to look for some proper tutorials or some lesson material to the point 

Adafruit.com has some great

Adafruit.com has some great Arduino tutorials that cover most things you might want to do with an Arduino.  

That should push you in the correct direction.  Good luck!

Regards,

Bill 

**Hi,

What is aproc+?

If you**
Hi,

What is aproc+?

If you want help with something, the more information you give us the better.

To put the user interface on the PC, you need four parts.

1. You need a physical interface between your PC and the Arduino. This could be anything from ethernet to wifi to just plain serial.
  2. You need software for the Arduino to communicate with the PC. This code needs to be written on the Arduino.
  3. You need software for the PC to communicate with the Arduino. This code needs to be written on the PC.
  4. You need a graphical user interface (GUI) written for the PC to describe the arm’s motion.

You must have some of this written if you can move the arm. For the PC I’d write #2 and #3 in python. I would have the Arduino take commands such as “servo 1 60 degrees”. You can make it more elegant if you can give a servo a speed profile for acceleration and decceraltion. It would also help if you had some form of feedback from the servos to know when a servo really is at a specific location. Adafruit sells some servos with feedback that can be read by an ADC.

There are many people here that have done this. You might want to ask with a more specific question anad subject line. Unfortunately some of our guru’s have left, but I’m sure a lot remain.

Another way to get feedback is to use servos that take serial commands, but these are expensive. You can also do as someone here has done to make a humanoid base: he put a variable resister on each joint and used very inexpensive motors and with the Arduino, created his own servo motors.

Hobby servos are made for R/C vehicles. They work for robots, but they aren’t exact in their precision. This is because they were designed for vehicles that the controller would be watching, and he could see by the behavior how much the sering needed to be adjusted.

Sometimes this is enough precision for a robot, sometimes not. Also, they usually not very strong. There is a company that makes very powerful servos, but these are large and expensive. I wish i had about five of them for an arm. :slight_smile:

I have to start putting together my new 3d printer so I can work on a robot again that has an arm!

Did you design the arm, or did you get it someplace? Either way I’d like to know if there are links to the STL files (and the source files also, hopefully).

Happy building!

tanks im new with this

tanks im new with this programming but just in the running for 2 months but i already figgert this out i’ve already writen some small programs to run some servos and if you see the picture the printer in the back i fully rebuild it last month and bacwerd engineerd the thing so it would run independedly with the lcd display ive mannaged to bring te acurecy to 0,05 mm and added some extra fan support so i pick thing up about the stl files ive disign the arm myself  took me 4 days to design and build the thing believe me a lot of parts to make it so that it was even posible to asemble whit al the bairings sensors and so and a epoc is EEG tech brain controll

check it and say thank you

https://emotiv.com/epoc.php

about power servos you can hardware hack a cheap one by removing the pin in the transmission that stops it from turning on the end of the range of the potensiometer inside remove the potensiomoter carefully put some extra gears on the outgoing axel and reinstal the potentiometer on the end axel of the extra transmission if you want i can make a litle movie then you can turn it to a tutorial

sorry for the spelling (from holland always hurrying)

NEED SOME ADVICE

Hoi i just made my arduino read udp strings and made it divide them into seperate commands it is compiled and correct

i have been messing around with MIT appinventor i kinda get it, but it does not seem to have the option to interact in this way

or … i just dont get it and am doing someting wrong is there someone whit some advice or a different program to use

HELP