In need of a reputable Australian distributor

I am completely new to making robots and need to know of one or a few reputable Australian webshops, as it can be hard, risky and expensive to ship something literally all the way from the other side of the world. I am wanting to make the Start Here robot. Please let me know if you can. I also know a little about PICAXE programming, and know how to solder. I really want to get into robot building but am finding it a little hard, thank you.

Jaidyn-Beginner

You don’t say where in

You don’t say where in Australia you are but a good start would be Jaycar and Altronics - not the cheapest but stores around Oz

Hey CP, what are their

Hey CP, what are their postage rates like, seem very reasonable and had not seen them before.

Pete

Ok, great thanks, I am in

Ok, great thanks, I am in QLD.

Start Here Robot

I know you are looking for an Australian distributor but I bought the ‘start here’ robot from solarbotics in Canada. They were quick and I had no problems with them. But that was the old version, not V2.

Just sayin’    :)

Thank you

Thanks for your reply, I am going through Solarbotics, because the webshop located in India was no longer operational and Jaktek is currently being redeveloped… Puts me at ease then. :slight_smile: