If you have already built a successful and working robot, look away!

Gordon McComb, The author of Robot Builder's Bonanza has sent LMR 4 signed books that we can give away.

We could have done an ordinary challenge where you actually have to build a robot to be eligible of winning one of the four books, but that is not the case this time ! To deserve having this book, you don't have to make a robot, well umm, you don't even need to know anything about robots ! And that's the whole point. We want to give these to the people who deserve the info inside the most.

We will be on the lookout for potential people who might make good use of these books not just store them, their is no way to enter this challenge nor a deadline :)

winners will be informed by an email and their names will be mentioned here.

May the WORST best robot builder win !

At last but not least, Thanks Gordon !

29072011137_0.jpg

29072011135.jpg

Great book

This is a great book.  I bought mine about a month ago, and it is packed with really good information.  Gordon McComb’s instructions and examples gave me the confidence to start building my own robot.  Highly recommended.

That is so cool that he sent LMR signed copies!

PERFECT!

I actually was looking for this exact book. I never have gotten around to buying it yet. I heard there is some nice projects and even teaches Arduino. I wanted this book to get information. I hope I can get one of them. I would definitely read this. I want this book. Like Noob says, I want the information in that book!!! Im going to see if I can get on of the four first. If I don’t, well then I will buy one later. But this is definitely the book I want right now.

I didn’t understand how one can win this one ?

I have the third edition,

I have the third edition, and it is great! I haven’t done the projects, but I use it as a reference for lots of things. I also recommend “Robot Building for Beginners” and “Intermediate Robot Building” by Dave Cook at http://www.robotroom.com!

i want this!

i really want this book, i read a lots of books but i don’t have robotics books, i always searched the whole internet for robot making tips, unfortunately i have no money to buy this book, so i hope i will win some of this! i haven’t post a robot on LMR that’s because i am in a quest on buliding one and i’m on half way to do it, but i need more tips!

here’s a link of my “on process” robot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FguFsz4vv2Y

p.s. 

if i’ll win, i would really take care of it, like my 3 year-old unscratched sherlock holmes book!

Great work, Jad :slight_smile:

Great work, Jad :slight_smile:

Does that deadline

really say it ends in 2014! Wow, that is funny, I think they will be gone before weds… though that is a guess.

**Wow cool Book **

I want it …

I really like to make robot, but in my country the components hard to find and expensive…

Please give the book for me , but i don’t know how to pay it , LOL…

Oh yeah , I am building avoider bot now , if i finished it I will update this comment . thx

Any update on who won them ?

who, when, how?

so, who won then? i really like to know !

i need one

I ask questions about everything i am such a noob i need that book

Hmmm

That book look interesting. And I like robots. And I need all the help I can get.

I’ll have it!

Haha, I have to build a robot to pass one of my subjects at the beta course I’m doing! Yet I know next to nothing about building robots! This book would help me greatly!

good book

I have the first and second editions of Robot Builder’s Bonanza. :slight_smile:

Nice
Haha, i may need one. I haven’t never builded robot.

How to Define being the worst robot builder.

Necessarry parts…

Screw Driver

Snips

Soldering Iron

Lots of motivation but no clue.

My very first attempt at building or modifying a robot was using the an old Armatron from Radio Shack. Keep in mind this was a long time ago. I had no idea at the time that it had no servos, it was a giant mess of gears with a couple of motors, there was no way at the time to modify the controller.

Lets take a step into the present.

My new list of tool is much larger, I have played with and built several Rc cars, and planes. I bought an Arduino and several books on it. the small projects were fun managed not to blow the arduino building them, I can find a tone of sketches and libraries online. I am finally about to reach the point were my first atttempt at building a robot might work. Then I discovered I am an aweful programmer…Bolean…such a strange word,

So as soon as my parts arrive wish me luck…and keep me in mind for a copy of the book. 

wow

Sweet prize!!!

** I love to read books. I**

I love to read books. I like robot but don’t know how to create because I don’t have a book about creating robot. I see this book multiple times in the Internet, but in my country. No one vendor. I want to have this book with the author’s signature. To spark ideas in creating a robot and make it a success.